Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs When life gives you 4doors, build a 3window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Straight8's&Aces, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

I kind of hate to cut it again but I might need to do that. I'll mock that up on photochop

2. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Looking good.

Hope you aren't going to make it lay frame and give it some decent stance.

3. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Man this is freaking cool...

4. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

I would like to put air ride on it so I can change the stance around to find the right one.

5. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

More pics please, I cant wait to see what you have done, Your build is pure hotrodding at its best, take what you have and make what you want, no kits, no instructions just you and your tools.

Godspeed
    MrC.

6. Old Dude

Old Dude

There a guy in this town that took a '55 Chevy. and turned it into 2 dr. Post. Looked great.
    My son wanted to build a '49 Cad. 4 dr. into 2 dr., and chop & channeled. i talked him out of it, because he didn't have time working 50 to 60 hrs. per week, turning wrenches on Semi Trucks. He is into Harleys now, and likes it very much.
    Good job & good luck. Cruise On
    Old Dude.

Attached Files:

• 1167.jpg
      1167.jpg
      File size:
      494.8 KB
      Views:
  7. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

I got the Chevuick on the frame cause I needed to move her, now I can really see how the frame needs to be modified so I have a better idea what to do now.

Attached Files:

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

So are you back to working on it ?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

KEEP going. My favorite build on the HAMB right now.
    Looking forward to seeing it all one color, I think it would help you see the lines better.
    Great build.

Godspeed
    MrC.

10. ...nice work, I like the bottom version...
    [​IMG]

11. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

Can someone photo chop the longer doors that he is using into the pix. This is as real cool build take what no one wants and make something cool...

12. farmer12

farmer12

Love the bottom version as well. Great looks and stance. Keep up the good work.

13. This is an awesome build!!

14. rusty A

rusty A

Any updates? Its a cool build.

15. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

very cool...keep going!

16. I like the concept but for the life of me I can't see how you could get anything to line up building it on the floor like that. I would have at least built a jig for it so the doors would be sure to open and close properly. Maybe it can be done this way and I will learn something new. Keep going. I wanna see this unfold.

17. tbauer

tbauer

Looking good!

Ted Bauer

18. spiders web

spiders web

Don't know what your thoughts are but those doors are crying to be suicide to me. just say'in! Way cool, love the profile.

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

A whole year and no updates??? What's happening with this build today?

20. AntiBling

AntiBling

S-10 frames are getting hard to find?

21. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Outstanding work and awesome vision for this car!

22. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

I'll add another cheer to the crowd of many that hope you can finish this car. I suspect the year long hangup may have occurred when you found out the car no longer fit the chassis. Usually when people cut 4 doors into 2 doors, the front doors end up looking too short unless they are exchanged out from another 2 door model or extended. In the earlier post of the kiwi car it looks like they may have extended them, but only slightly and I have to say in that case it looks good. You've posted 3 potential versions with the Chevy doors, the Buick doors and now Ford doors. If you look back at the version with the Buick doors, it works, and doesn't make the body as long as you have it now. I'm not saying the Ford doors look wrong, I'm just saying that you are making the profile of a much larger car, and it may not fit a smaller chassis like the S-10 unless you start cutting it up and extending it as well. You may want to take a hard look at a late model Chevy or even the Crown Vic chassis... or you may want to get the cutting torch back out and go with the Buick doors and shorten the trunk area up about 5 inches. Don't want to sound too critical because like everyone else, I think this project is showing some real potential.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  23. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Sorry for no updates for a while, I've been working on my other car (added some custom body work and a paint job), started a new job, and right now no garage to work on it in ( in drive way with car covers surrounded with snow right now). Really hoping to get back on it this year. Thank you all for your great comments, they keep me motivated to finish this car.

Attached Files:

24. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Looks great, now get back to work!

Godspeed
    MrC.