Register now to get rid of these ads!

mission imposible, 49 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jetslide, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Looking good!!! Keep up the good work!!!

2. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

i do agree with you, it kills the fun:) ceep posting on u r thread i`ll be reading:)
    a-bombers is on the to do list for next year, along with big powermeet and many more, ,

3. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Keep it up, making great progress so far! Looks like the previous person to fix it had no idea what they were doing.

I was going to start some mechanical work on mine this last weekend, but found out the engine block is cracked and had to shift gears. Guess it's time to start the chop and the frame off now that I can't drive it any more.

4. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

we have to meet next yearthen Carsten. over a beer or ten:) would have been nice to meet fellow hambers:)

5. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

thank you Pumpman.
    the spirit is still high and if i`m lucky i have maybe a couple of hours each day working on the car and of course wekeends, i dont have a deadline on the car so it makes this project real fun working on:) and the nice part, i dont have any rust(allmost) just twisted metal, and its much more fun working with, he he

6. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

thank you sir:)

7. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

oh, that was some bad news, so what are the plan for drivetrain? i guess the plan is well thoughout by now :rolleyes:
    you must to make a tread on it, good luck Old iron:)

8. Yep, always nice to meet Hambers, and would be fun and a pleasure to share something between ten and thirdyfive cold ones with you, we stay in contact, i'm sure!

Cheers, nice to see what you're doing to this poor ole Chev'!

9. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

It took me a few hours of arguing in my head to figure out, but I finalized on doing a hopped up 235 with a T5 and a S10 rear. I have a SBC in the garage, but something about it just doesn't feel right, plus I really like the six.

Thanks for the well wishes, same to you! Going to start up a build thread as soon as I make the first cuts on the top, got a weekends worth of cleaning in the garage to do, then I'll get it going. :)

10. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

thats a deal Carsten, help me convince finnrodder to come as well:)

11. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

he he, i know what you mean about cleaning the garage, took me two weeks and a fresh stroke of paint on the floor before i started the project
    (jetsled) as a fellow hamber named it:)
    to kill a six u have to shoot it and maybe then will it die, so i know what u mean, but the sound of a feisty v8 isn`t wrong eighter:D :D

12. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Well,i have a long,cold and dark winter ahead to think about that.
    I am sure that the shoebox wont be done then,but i try to talk friend to go there.He owns pretty sweet 49' baby-lincoln.But we'll see...

13. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

do you live in the northern parts of finland??
    if not next year, u have the year after that:)

anyway. when or if u come, look for this ride and u`ll find me in a chair with a cold one in my hand, he he
    [​IMG]

14. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Nope,i live in southwest,60 kms west from city called Tampere.But this can be just cold place as lapland is sometimes.Well,there is always next year.But like i said,we'll see..

15. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

yes. we`ll see:)

16. come on, Antti, i've seen your bike, there must be a way to meet you! or even your daily driver! but i know the trouble best for i'm planning the a-bombers trip since don't know when! it would really be a pleasure to meet you there or anywhere else!

17. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

he he he

18. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Well,there are lot of other events that i've planned to go.Maybe Bottrop or something.I was there once,that was pretty cool event.
    Btw.my bike is from your neighborhood.I bought it 10 yrs ago from company that imports Harleys from Germany,but it didnt look like that it does today...
    Got any updates,jetslide?

19. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

not a big update Antti,
    but i tryed yesterday to make a patch panel for the inner wheel weld, with no succsess.
    since i have no beadroller i made some profile by hand to make the panel a little stiffer, and since i got the dies for the planishing hammer yesterday i hoped if i could beat the shit out of the steel, maybe i can shrink it to a nice panel with a nice curve, but as i mentioned before, the steel i have is way to hard for shaping, after an hour om the planishing hammer i gave up and made some cuts in it to make a curve, still not satisfyed so i threw it away and have been sitting on the phone all morning trying to find some softer metal, since i havent heard anything from the other guy that said he could order for me i have to try to find it from other companys, and i got a phone a sec ago telling me next week i will have it, finally som good news, he he

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this was before i gave up, havent taken any more pics:)

20. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

not a big update this time, been struggling with the bodyshape under the beltline on the left side, been tweaking and pulling to match up with the right, but as usually when you move the panel little bit in one end, it moves the other end way off, so its been cutting and rewelding the support in the trunk, and now i`m allmost there, i think :)
    [​IMG]
    here you can see the body doesnt match the trunklid

[​IMG]

and i use the other side to compare the panels
    [​IMG]
    not quite there but allmost ;-)

started to repair the weel wheld, this is the panel i actually threw away, but since it`s a week to i get the other sheetmetal i have to work with this in an attempt to repair the wheel weld

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the new piece compared to the old badly repaired panel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Hows the quarter panel replacement coming along?

22. demartino

demartino
    from HB

great progress..keep it up

23. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

last couple of weeks allmost nothing have happend, have welded in the rocker panel and it looks nice, but the restoration of the car by me looks dark at the moment, i have bougth myself a farm on the countryside, big old house from 1760 with a barn and som land, so that means that the money i can get from this car helps alot on the way to finish up my hous before the sale, cause i need to get as much as possible for the house i got, i do not wanna sell this project, but at the moment its a posibillity, give up on dream for another?? he he.
    but i will work on the car in the meantime as see where the future takes me,

hows your car going along old iron nut?

24. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

thank you :))

25. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Bummer to hear, but can't fault you for selling to get what sounds like a cool place to live. Going to start the chop on mine next week, will be getting my build thread going after I get the first cuts complete. :)

26. So how long till you drive it? :D I always hated that question. Looks good man.

27. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

hopefully i do not have to sell it, have a 65 chevelle also that i may sell first, we`ll see, send me a PM when you have started your thread, looking forward to see your work:))

28. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

give me a week or two and we`ll see if i can have the car ready:D he he