Register now to get rid of these ads!

Starting my recent 401 Nailhead to my 31 Tudor Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluestang67, Mar 23, 2011.

1. goetzcr

goetzcr

Thanks. I'll need to do some figurin'. I'm about 6'4" and really don't want to recess the firewall much if any.

2. goetzcr

goetzcr

BTW, great looking nailhead. Love that original color. Did you remove any of the external casting flash? Mine is really rough. The front left-hand side looks like an alien landscape.

3. bluestang67

bluestang67

No a smooth block to me just doesn't look right , maybe in a show car but not this application .

I haven't did much on it been stuck on other things and working long hours .

4. Pkease forgive my foolishness as I am laughing my behind off here.

The first pics I thought to myself gee you got a block that is machined and rusty already, then I got to the last pic and could see that the holes were slathered with grease.

A little advice that is probably not necessary but it is free. Be sure and check all your clearances prior to final assembly.

5. bluestang67

bluestang67

Will do I speak with Russ Martin in California and he who is helped me in building it as far as short pump and the right cam choice .

From what i can see the engine was assembled ran then torn down . PO had it bored and purchased a new cam for it . Not knowing the cam spec I just contacted Russ and ordered another for assembly . Also the .030 pistons where used and soaking in buckets of oil when I picked it up .

But I have plenty of equipment to inspect and measure all the tolerances .