Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear Bumper Mod on F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jj55F100, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jj55F100

jj55F100

Hey Guys, long time lurker on the site, first time poster. Some of the build threads on here inspired me to start working on the f100.
    I decided i didn't like the look of the bumper so I wanted to move it in and up. I found that some sites sell the bumper brackets for around $100, but that was too rich for me.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    So I decided to have a local machine shop make them and I would weld them on. I drew them up and had him laser cut the plates (1/4") and welded them up. Bottom right is a close up of the laser cut.
    [​IMG]
    After that got to see the final results (also took the time to section the bumper and get rid of the bolt heads, but that's a different story). Best part was the brackets were 1/2 the cost of the store brackets. Also cut the exhaust tips off after this picture was taken.

After:
    [​IMG]

If anyone wants the autocad drawing to send off to their machinist or wants any info shoot me a message.

fauj and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

3. motorgod7

motorgod7
    from chico,ca.

Looks alot better.

4. jakevidrine

jakevidrine

I know this post is 5 years old but I'm hoping someone has the CAD model of these brackets... I'd really like to do this modification to my bumper.

5. brady1929

brady1929

Yes, looks great.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

When I welded the thick wall 4" pipe on for a back bumper I made sure it was out from the sheetmetal to protect it. Everywhere I go the old guys tell me how much they like it