Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Vs. Hot Rods - A Poll for you to consider...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 15, 2012.

?
  1. No! Leave the HAMB just as it is...

818 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes! I'd love to have separate custom and hot rod forums!

169 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sluggo57

Sluggo57
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My vote for leave it "as is".

2. Hell I miss for sale & wanted being mixed

3. 117harv

117harv

This^^^

4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

As a "hotrod guy" mostly concentrating on AD pickups I have to say the quality of work
    by some of the custom guys on here is unbelievable. I vote to keep it as is so I can continue to learn from these artists.

5. autobilly

autobilly

A move to seperate could only serve to enhance the burgeoning climate of fear, loathing and mistrust.
    Us Traditional guys have got to stick together!
    [​IMG]

6. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

Somebody has to much time on their hands to conger up stupid shit. Rods and customs go together as do fish and water. Been that way since the beginning of the hobby. It will always be.......I vote to leave this forum as is

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen, brother. It's like music, the really good shit gets mighty hard to classify, it's a little of this and a little of that.

It's the first thing you've said that I can really understand :):D Amen.

8. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

As you were, soldier!

9. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

My Vote is to leave it alone........It's like when I raced cars.....the more rules you have, the more agrivation and things to look for.......simple rules, simple site....besides, I like Customs and Hot Rods...(Flat Black and Fake Patina)...If it's to progress the fellowship of the sport, we're all basically in the same boat.

10. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I like things the way they are. I think they belong together.

11. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I can see it now. Who will be the first to bitch "thats not a traditional custom".

12. Koolman

Koolman

I love going to the one and only best single site around for both!

13. I love both...I put a Hotrod engine in my custom.I love landspeedracing and dragracing and I love early style Hotrods.Like k13 said earlier among his many good points,all the birthday,please pray for my sick kitten,cool to be a dad etc etc threads should be some where else like on a Facebook page.
    I know it is tragic losing family and pets but with all due respect......I don't think it belongs on here.It really clutters up the board and maybe that is one reason it moves so fast,with all the o.t. threads.

I also don't agree with all the streetrod/minitrucker graduate threads either.I don't like how a layin frame thread can be right under a thread like Palles " Jack Stewart" thread.I don't think they have anything to do with eachother and unless a hotrod or custom is trying to look like the cars did back in the day then I feel they belong somewhere else.

I would love to cruise the pages and see threads about traditional hotrods and customs together but start crackin down on the Facebook stuff.

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Am I the only one who thinks about all the great HAMBers who seem to be left out of this debate? I mean, if we boil it down to a question of hot rods and customs, aren't we leaving behind a treasure trove of Go-Fast magicians, artisans, racers, and hooligans (and their HAMB spectators)?

Of course, I'm thinking about guys like rooman, Toymaker, mctim64, KING CHASSIS, Rich Venza, shit it's a long list.

The hot rod & custom heading attracts a fantastic, varied world of folks who have spent decades in search of speed, racing, horsepower, and Go-Fast lunacy from back in the day when the lines were blurred.

Back in the day, the hot rod guys raced at Indy, the hot rod guys created drag strips, the hot rod guys raced around in circles on dirt, asphalt, and in the sand, the hot rod guys built cool customs to tow and push their speed contraptions.

That's one of the main problems with the "traditional" tag, isn't it? Is not the definition of traditional that we're looking for . . . "what they did back in the day?"

They did a whole lot of different Go-Fast and Go-in-style shit without regard for what you wanted to call it.

I'm sure I speak for many here when I say Man, but I'm so thankful that Ryan has a taste for all of this varied, messy, hard-to-classify history from these "traditional" years, and has allowed the HAMB to stretch its legs and welcome a treasure trove of guys who were there doing the Go-Fast thing back in the day, and yet you could not call these guys strictly "hot rod" or "custom" guys.

15. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

My Vote would be to leave it the way it is. I like them both and learn something from both forms of expression.

16. I tend to customize my hot rods and hot rod my customs, so I'm good with it all together.

17. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

just read this online

AUSTIN (Reuters) . An recent MSNBC Poll is showing Customs Vs. Hot Rods poll in a dead tie.

18. Cruiser

Cruiser

I would love to see two sections under "General Discussions" I love both customs and hot rods, but my first interest is customs. It would be very simple to switch back and forth. Do it Ryan. :D

A custom guy

CRUISER :cool:

19. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

20. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Thats actually a good idear!

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

u been peeking at my facebook page...And thats a William Burroughs quote, by the way. That guy knew more than a little about paranoia.

22. Paint & Body, Engine, Chassis & Interior

Hot Rods and Customs both have all 4.

23. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

In your own word .... "The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional HOT RODS and KUSTOMS to hoodlums world wide."
    I say leave it alone...

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I just like old cars. It doesn't matter how they're done, as long as they're done well. Leave this place alone.

United we stand, divided we fall. Of course, this means there won't be a rumble after school.

25. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i love it the way it is,,,,i just WISH people would understand what the fuck a TRADITIONAL HOT ROD or CUSTOM is... alot of people dont and think just because the HAMB cut off rule is 65 or older that anything built prior to 1965 is "ok" to post....

26. I like both, I like the mixture on the board ... But I have noticed a few of the pure custom guys complaining about the lack of love for some of their threads. They make noise about just not posting anymore. Personally I just dont get that at all. To me this place just wouldn't be the same without the mixture.

Trying to keep everyone happy around here has got to be one of the hardest, thankless jobs anywhere...So Ill just toss out a "Thanks!"

27. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Keep them together there is a lot guys that go both ways! Maybe guys can be more active in the kustom groups.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

28. Harms Way

Harms Way

There is a tremendous amount of crossover between Hot Rods and Customs,... so much so that sometimes the line becomes foggy,..... Rods & Customs are like twin brothers that aren't identical twins.... They might not look exactly the same,... but there are so many similarities and traits that are the same..... there is no questions they are closely related,.... and in fact as close as brothers.

Leave it as it is..... The HAMB is just the way it should stay.

29. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Leave well enough alone...
    X...No! Leave the HAMB just as it is..., I'm a Custom guy, and a Hot Rod guy.
    (As long as it's Traditional, of course!)

30. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Customs vs hot rods? Hot rods vs customs? I say leave it alone, keep it the way it is. I find myself reading both and learning from all. They belong together.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.