Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fog Light

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jedidiah, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I wanted to get some opinions on the addition of a fog light on my '37 Ford Pickup. I like the look but haven't decided weather it is right for my truck. I might need to move it back about an inch but I think the height is right. I am giving one before picture and a couple of after pictures. I haven't done any work to the light yet, it will need a little body work and primer. It isn't even wired yet. I wanted to run it for a while to make sure I like it. Right now all I would have to do is weld up a couple of holes if I change my mind. Also I am planning on replating or replacing the bumper. I have the grommets for the bumper brackets after I get the front of the fenders worked out.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It is a nice addition to the truck. Useful if you ever have fog in your area.

3. Deuces

Deuces

So, when are you putting the other one on????...:rolleyes:

4. One is utilitarian, a pair is opulent. (make sure to mount it on the "straight side")

5. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Looks good to me!

6. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I was wondering how quick that would come up. :D I myself usually prefer things to be symmetrical, but maybe not this.

Opulent is definatly not the word to describe my truck. It is more utilitarian/ shop truck. As far as placement I've always hear that "The left side is the right side, the right side is the wrong side". I hope that's true. :eek:

I know this Isn't the most exciting of threads but I am on the fence about it and just wondered what everyone thought.

I appreciate everyones input.

7. I like it but I have 2 on my truck,personally I think the fog lights are a little more utilitarian.

Mine have been modified to double as fog lights and turn signals.

[​IMG]

I thought I would like them on my 32 sedan,,I even mounted one yesterday to get a feel for it but I just don't think they will work on the sedan. HRP

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

that fog light looks great on your truck, two would be OK, but if you go back to any archived photo albums of the 30s/40s/50s most cars just used one. That being said, HotRodPrimer's pick up looks stunning with those two, and it's just way cool that they double as turn signals.

dj

9. i have them on mine and a spotlite. i likem.

10. ibuild

ibuild

your truck looks good with one, i put one on my roadster on the left side, everone has an opinion

11. servi53

servi53

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I have one to put on my roadster but am not sure if I want to run one or two.. I like how it looks on the truck. I'd keep it.

13. Yes the left side is the right side (unless it's in the mirror). Wired into the park lamp circut, it's on with park and headlights, no extra switch required.

Attached Files:

14. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

Good idea, that makes it nice and simple. Thanks

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

HOTRODPRIMER - yours 12V? if so, no one could miss your turn signals especially at night. Jedidiah - looks good with only one but, you can only signal for left turns (Ha!).

16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hope you're wired thru a relay... or you're about to let the smoke out of the switch...

17. I think it looks great! :)

And Mike has a point, relays almost never hurt! ;)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

19. I like it - gives a period feel to the PU and is just plain coolsville!
    Keep her on there.

20. cederholm

cederholm

I like the one!

21. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

22. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I like it, but I'm a little partial to one. ;)

Attached Files:

23. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Years ago a buddy had a set of fog lamps on an ot car. I got looking at them and went over to start adjusting them as they were 'way off' splayed out in a V shape. He goes, hold it don't adjust them I've got them right where I want them pointing at the painted center stripe and the side stripe on the road. Made sense to me.

One fog light is a style statement more than function, just MHO.

24. Yes,,they are 12 volt and the bulbs are halogen,,they are extremely bright! HRP

25. manyolcars

manyolcars

my opinion

Attached Files:

26. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I have my fog light wired in now. I've been running it for a few days. It looks great, I'm going to keep it. I have the 12v sealed beam put in. I had to tap some dings out of the trim ring and polish it out. I still need to pull it back apart and finish out the housing. I'll post a picture with it lit up tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for the opinions.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. silversink

silversink

HPIM0704.jpg mine arn't yellow yet but an example how I mounted them

28. Smack021488

Smack021488
    from Chicago

Just mounted mine! I'm in the fence about it to but I think I'm liking it....

Attached Files:

29. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Just a question here. Why the left side of the car? Wouldn't you want it on the right to light up the right (ditch) side of the road?