Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Vs. Hot Rods - A Poll for you to consider...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 15, 2012.

?
  1. No! Leave the HAMB just as it is...

818 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes! I'd love to have separate custom and hot rod forums!

169 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CathyH

CathyH

I'm a Customs person, but enjoy reading about hot rods. My vote is leave it alone.

2. I think the strength of the HAMB is to stay as it is. Hotrods and Customs intertwined on the main board.

And a resounding NO to an off-topic section. Some guys (and gals) have enough trouble figuring out what is on topic. Lets not add more confusion by opening up a wasteland of OT subject matter. There are other forums for that.

3. Looks like a blowout.

4. williebill

williebill

Custom guy here,but learn so much from the hot rod guys,too.. I appreciate the original questions about this that have been running in questions and suggestions section,but please leave it as is. Y'all do a helluva job with this.

I got no complaints.

5. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

CHANGE.... Its BAD

6. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

I say keep it the way it is

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

I'm planning/building a custom; I dig hotrods! My vote is in.

8. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Noted. Voted. Status Quoted.

Keep it as is; also, I like Fopelaez' idea above.

9. What is a Hot Rod?--Anything that can go fast, that is what a real HOT ROD is.
    Something that will beat your ass-- with my custom.--AND LOOK COOL DOING IT. HOT RODS AND CUSTOMS ARE ONE.

what about the guys that are building rat rods and trying to push it off as a traditional hot rod.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  10. chigger

chigger

Leave it be!!!!

11. jason65

jason65

I built and am driving a custom and I'm building a hot rod so I have both. Carry on as is.........

12. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Leave it the way it is .

13. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

I like the filter idea even if it is only a few basic ones, my biggest thing would be a Project filter and a Tech filter, these are the biggest 2 reasons I even come to this site. I don't mind reading about Customs as I am into both, I do like the idea of adding a way to filter content. There is so much crap that gets posted here on a daily basis (which I feel a large portion is either off topic or uninteresting) that it is getting nearly impossible to find the real "Gold" in the unending stream of data. I can only sort through the first couple of pages before I just give up and I know there's a ton of great stuff that I am missing out on.

14. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

So here's my thought - and a way for the Ryan to test the waters. Unfortunately it would require posts to be tagged, which doesn't happen consistently from what I've seen.

You have a profile page - you could pick which tags you want to see posts on, and have it saved in your profile. This would become your default "search" and whenever you visit the HAMB, your posts would automatically be filtered to that list. If you wanted to see everything, you'd have the option to override...

Personally, I'm into both... and most of the tech stuff is universal.

15. I vote for a O/T and bullshit forum and a forum for hot rods and customs.

16. Which is laughable when the guy (not you) that posted "please, please, please no off topic forum there is facebook for that" has a Happy Birthday thread going as we speak.:rolleyes:

17. F&J

F&J

I'd say try it for X amount of time.

The only reason, is that I think the custom board will run so much more "on-topic" than the main board does.

JMO

18. HRS

HRS

Only 600 people cared to vote...typical Americans......

Ever been to a internet forum and there were so many catagories you didn't know where to look?

There is a way to "catagorize", it just needs to be utilized.

I think the open forum is what make the HAMB one of the best sites around. If you use the prefixes, the internal search, and a Google "site:" search you can find most anything you want.

Viva La HAMB and God Bless America!!!

19. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I have been getting into customs more and more as of late but I'm still very passionate about hotrods so I would like it to stay the same.

In all honesty, I usually hit the "new post" button 90% of the time so it wouldn't change much for me. That way I get to see everything from the main board to classifieds.

Like others have said why mess with a good thing.

20. jerry

jerry

We've got too much history as it is. If I want read about customs I can do it along side hot rods as it has been from the start.

jerry

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

leave it the way it is!
    the custom guys bitch that they don't see enough custom content on the board, they could do what the hot rod guys do. POST SOME. doesn't seem like rocket science to me, but hey maybe I'm wrong.

22. daddio211

daddio211

By the (current) 82/17 split I'd say the vast majority of us are BOTH hot rodders and custom guys at the same time.

23. farmer12

farmer12

24. So here is an interesting thought that will stir ya:

All hot rods are customs but not all customs are hot rods. think about it.

25. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Agreed.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. I'll vote to stay as is. My cars have more categories than just Hot Rod & Custom.
    31 A Roadster
    1948 Lincoln mild custom
    60 Vette with an I-Beam
    1964 (actually a 1965 I cheated here) Comet HT

Where would Gassers & FED's go? How about someone who likes only pre 1948 Rods? ((Remember the original NSRA pre 1948 only). That sure ended.

My impression is, if seperation occurs the total idea of HAMB will be diluted.

Movin/on

27. Beau

Beau

Some people don't like change (most people).

General Discussion SHOULD be for exactly what it says. Not EVERYTHING.

I think it's a good idea, and a bad idea. But I vote yes. I

love the way Ford Barn is set-up. Much easier to search. Not just one page of mostly B.S. with some builds, tech. and information scattered in.

Let's be honest, there are way more "hot rod" builds than customs.

Some of the custom builds use parts what some would consider "non traditional" or O.T. and I see projects get flack for that time to time from the Hot Rod people.

It would also make it easier for the Custom guys to find other Custom builds, and to narrow down searching a bit more.

The downfall, and probably the reason most people are voting the other way is they'd have to click another link to see those builds. People are lazy and afraid of change.

28. Beau

Beau

But yes, this really makes a LOT more sense.

General Discussion is for GENERAL DISCUSSION.

The rest in the Hot Rod and Customs forum.

29. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I like them both, and could never choose between the two. Leave it as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.