Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 Twin Cities Roadsters 42nd Annual Swap Sunday October 14th...Who's going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsir, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Roadsir

Roadsir

Found some International Dragmaster Wheels for my wagon...15X7's and 8.5's. So that was cool....Speaking of cool, it got colder as the day went on!

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Had a great time!

3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

No kidding - I got there around 6:15 am and it was almost balmy, a couple hours later the wind picked up and it got really raw. Of course, the sun didn't come out until after I went home, then it was pretty nice in the afternoon.

I didn't find anything I really needed, but I picked up a few tools for cheap so it was a worthwhile day.

Some guy had a '39 Studebaker coupe express for sale that was pretty cool - this is a picture from the web but it looked like this:

Attached Files:

4. Roadsir

Roadsir

I looked at the stude...Great styling, especially the box and the factory chop.

5. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

On behalf of the Roadsters Twincities I would like to thank everyone that helped to make our 42nd edition of our annual swapmeet a good one. We hope to see you again next year!

6. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

NO, THANK You TC ROADSTERS Great Meet!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

We had a great time and thank you!

8. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

That "some guy" with the '39 Coupe Express was me.

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I was busy selling, so didn't get out much. What kind of stuff did people buy/see?!?!?

10. Bull

Bull

I didn't see much either as i was trying to get rid of stuff and didn't want to bring more home. Managed to do ok. Sold some stuff I thought wouldn't sell and got beat up on others, but made some dough and went home with LOTS less than I came with.

11. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Maybe next year we coordinate a little.Perhaps gather before entering and set up a HAMB parts area.
    Herding cats may be easier but it's a thought;)

12. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

No kidding by noon it felt 10-15 degrees cooler than when I got there at 0615. I had a good time though! My knee's started giving up my third time around. So I skated out around noon. I will be there next year.

13. FFFFrank

FFFFrank

Was going to go but a friend told me it was pointless if you weren't there by 8am -- and that just isn't my Sunday style. For future reference.... is that accurate?

14. Not at all accurate. There are always a lot of good deals when i get there and I'm not an early bird either.

15. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I usually don't get there much before then when buying. You may not find as many "super deals", but there's still PLENTY of deals!!

Actually the "flashlighters" have always been a sore spot for me at that swap! I hate having to say excuse me to (or elbow) people out of my way so I can get my truck unloaded. Then there's the ones who are trying to offer half the price on something before it's even hit the ground!! My prices are usually pretty firm until the sun comes up at least!:)
    I'm not a morning person anyway, so a good customer service person under those conditions I am not! ;)

16. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Guy across from me rolled in after 8 and didnt sell his 46'ish sedan delivery until around noon.
    SBC w/tunnel ram and 2 fours.Either clipped or must II front suspension.Car started and idled sweet as could be.He was asking $3800...heard it sold for $2800.
    I didnt inspect it as I wasnt interested and had no time but seemed reasonably priced to me.
    There were plenty of deals later in the morning.
    As for being chilly...last year was worse and all those who were there when it snowed 4 inches and still attended,raise your hand.(I was)

17. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

A buddy of mine bought that delivery! He doesn't know why, just seemed like too good of a deal to pass up!!

I was at the "snowmeet" too. I've been going since it was in the theatre parking lot in Anoka! Then at the HS in Roseville, Then the fairgrounds.

Sun, rain, snow, whatever the weather, one constant is you know it will be the best swap of the year!

18. suede shoe

suede shoe

I was going to go, but couldn't because the cable guy came a day early to hook up the dish. I would go anytime though, there are always deals there. A friend of mine went, but didn't find much.

19. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Hey 40&61 Fords. Not manny left that remember the years at the Anoka theater. Our wives actually served hot coffee,donuts,and hot dogs!

20. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Cool truck - did it sell? The price seemed pretty reasonable.

21. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Not yet.

22. I sold a bucnch of stuff, had a couple of guys try super low ball me, like I had a HD cooler marked 25 and they say give you 5 for it, cuz I just bought one for 5, I say Ill keep it for that, came back 3 times, wierd, prob trying to fip them on ebay, I made almost 200 though, my friend sold a couple of dropped axels out of my stall. did not buy anything. saving money for fenders for truck.

23. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

We drove up to the swap with a 12 foot empty trailer and managed to fill it up. It thought that Chevy delivery was a good deal too. Very tempted to bring it home. I thought real hard about buying the 26-27 roadster body but then chickened out. On the way home I thought maybe I should have bought the primered 28/29 sedan body with frame. Don't know what I was thinking. lol

24. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

There was a green 51 dodge 2dr on a trailer that I wanted to take home. Passed but kept the number. Not sure if it sold