Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newport Hill Climb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluestang67, Oct 11, 2012.

1. bluestang67

bluestang67

I was helping a friend get his father in laws car ready for the hill climb . It was almost there when a passing of his sister stopped it . But Lee the older gentleman has been working this for 20 years and done it right . Edmonds head and intake , Zepher trans gears with a 4.55 rear should have pulled the hill quickly .

Well I thought he deserved a link here for his fine work , it will make it next year .

Thanks for letting me help Lee .

http://rides.webshots.com/album/583419088wilzJv

2. slowforty

slowforty

We heard about the car.
    Too bad you could not make it.
    One guy with a 41 Ford pick-up blew first gear on saturday.
    Sunday he ran with second and third gear and got within a Half second of the record.
    First Gear is highly over rated.

3. silent rick

silent rick

i thought the T speedster class was the only cars that allowed modifications.

4. bluestang67

bluestang67

Slowforty it will run it next year for sure . Mods are with in specs if not hidden well LOL .

5. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Technically that is true. But some of these guys want to win real bad. When you see model A's laying rubber, and Ford V8"s getting it in all three gears, listen to the lumpy idle, you know something is going on! I love this show, got to find me another Mopar Hill Climber!

6. Ole don

Ole don

I understood that the rules say it has to appear stock. It sure is fun to watch the old cars attack the hill from hell.

7. bluestang67

bluestang67

Ole Don this one looks totally stock , check out the engine picture .

8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Nice engine , i am sure someone from the Newport tech group have posted a picture for future reference next year..

Bubbas Garage
    Newport Indiana

9. bovman

bovman

ALWAYS a good time at the Newport Hill climb! Neat cars in a great setting, plus the best chicken and noodles, homemade pie's and my favorite, pumpkin ice cream!