Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where is Chromeplater Josh?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19Fordy, Sep 24, 2012.

1. 19Fordy

19Fordy

He hasn't posted anything in a long time and I wonder if he is still in the chrome plating business. Anyone know?

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Hopefully he's just busy working. Last I heard, he shop was pretty full. They sure do some fine quality work. Stu

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He last posted on the 19th on a chrome related question. Busy at work or on a road trip might be the answer along with the internet in his area possibly being down for one reason or another.

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

it's his Dad's shop. maybe the old man is keeping him busy

5. He seems to chime in whenever a question about plating or polishing comes up. I bet if you PM'd him he'd get back to you.

6. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I have not disappeared but I did just move, and therefore went without free time and/or internet for a while. I actually took a new job in MI working for an orthopedic implant manufacturer. So now your hip replacement could be painstakingly polished by yours truly.

I am still in frequent contact with my dad and brothers at the chrome shop and am in the process of setting up a polishing shop in my garage for most likely stainless trim restoration. So if you have some stainless at the shop I may still end up straightening and polishing it.

There are no hard feelings or anything dramatic going on. I just took a great job offer that brought me back to my home state.

I do miss talking with customers and fixing their irreparable and irreplaceable old parts, moreso than I thought I would.

I am still on the HAMB trying give good brightwork advice so feel free to pick my brain and keep me thinking.:)

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Josh:

Best wishes for your career change. I'll still be telling guys about the great service available from your pop's shop. Stu

8. mickeyc

mickeyc

So Josh will your Dad and brothers still do the same type of work you were doing?

9. Weasel

Weasel

Yes Josh - good to see you are still around and kicking. Hope to see you with a project of your own on the Hamb now that you are making big $$$;)!

I have some very rare pieces that absolutely need to be chrome plated and some potmetal that needs proper repair and need somebody who will not lose the small parts as they are not replaceable. Could you publish the contact info for your Dad's business for hambers needing quality work? Thanks, Weasel....

10. 19Fordy

19Fordy

11. Weasel

Weasel

Thanks 19Fordy for the info....

12. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Josh, will you still be polishing aluminum,or just stainless. You were my go to guy for heads and intakes. Good luck in your new endeaver.

13. Hi Josh,
    Congrats on the new job and welcome to Michigan.
    We've chatted a few times and I hope to meet you in person.
    You have to check out some of the local shows, like Sins of Steel, etc...

14. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Thanks for all the well wishing guys! It makes me feel better. I've never felt so separated from the old car/custom/hotrod scene. I didn't anticipate that so much, but from the looks of it, there are obviously plenty of HAMBers around the Motor City. I just need to get out more.

19Fordy, thanks for posting the website. it still has a pic of me working on a bumper for the 51 Kaiser Drag'n. :)

The quality of work is still kept up by my dad, brothers, and all the guys still down there. My dad and older brother did the hardest part by getting this business rolling with a few polishing lathes and $50K in 2004; I stayed back in MI to get me some college edjukayshun and joined in 2007.

My older brother Jimmy is running the plating line and is actually on the HAMB; I think its Jimmy2s83. He knows more about the plating side of things than me, so feel free to pick his brain; I do. I've always focused more on the repair and polishing, as well as internet propagandizing, lol.

Doc,

I plan to polish aluminum too, I will be slower to be ready for your stuff, as it takes a nice collection of pneumatic hand tools and corresponding abrasives. I'm gonna need a bigger air compressor.

Custom Metal Finishing IN
    9705 State Road 38
    Hagerstown, IN 47346

chromeplater1Yahoo.com

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Is 'propagandizing' a real word? Haha. Great to see ya back. Def gotta hit some MI shows.

16. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I thought I might be making it up, but it is, in fact, in the dictionary; according to a quick google search.:D

I really wanted to hit back to the bricks. It has gotten huge from what I've read. I missed it this year because I had to work OT. Being the new guy, I thought it wise to show up for work.