Register now to get rid of these ads!

unfunny oops stories

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Oct 13, 2012.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Well today I just finished color sanding my original 32 grille shell .insert installed and ready to put on vehicle ..And horses collasped .Just got done repainting......

2. chubbie

chubbie

damned horses...i could tell you about a few horses i HAD too

3. wayne-o

wayne-o

In the mid 70's I was repainting my T-Bucket. Used a water hose to wet down the floor of my garage to control the dust. Just finished spraying the last coat of clear and backed up to admire my work. Stepped on the nozzle on the hose and sprayed the still wet paint the whole side of the car.

4. Was using a 1/2" ratchet to turn over a motor and line up the timing pointer/balancer.
    Got to doing something else and somehow left the ratchet hanging off the harmonic balancer bolt.
    Cranked over the engine and put the ratchet handle through my new 3-row radiator.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I came within seconds of doing that same thing once.

6. Diavolo

Diavolo

I sheared the pin on the distributor shaft of an OT vehicle. Was racing a high school buddy in the boonies and, long story short, the car stayed on the side of the road until that weekend. He said it shot a real pretty fireball out of the tailpipe.

7. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

I was working on my 48 Plymouth, and using an air impact wrench. Picked the wrench up by the air hose to move around to the other side of the car, and the quick disconnect on the air hose let go, and the impact wrench landed right on the passenger side tail light lens (glass), and smashed it. Fortunately, the glass tail light lens was the only casualty.

8. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

I have never done anything stupid.

9. How about laying in the floor under the car and give the drop cord a tug and it doesn't move then give it a yank and you heard a loud thud.:eek:

You crawl out and walk around to the other side of the car and realize the cord was rapped around 2 1/2 ton floor jack and the loud thud was the handle that just dented your drivers door and cracked the glass!:mad: HRP

10. Years ago I mixed up a large batch of bondo to do a quicky body repair on a not so nice 55 Chevy rear quarter. Spread the stuff all over the whole quarter. After several days waiting, I finally realized that I didn't put enough hardener in the mix and had to strip off all the old sticky crap and start over.

11. oltruckag

oltruckag

Me neither....

12. fleetside66

fleetside66

I had this bad front tooth, that was not long for this world. Only a costly bone graft & implant would suffice. One day I thought, what if I'm under the car, drop a big wrench & it obliterates my bad tooth..maybe major medical would pay for it...just a thought. So, one day, I'm under the car & I drop the wrench & crack the neighboring tooth. The bad one was perfectly fine. (P.S. ..I now have an implant...Cha-Ching!)

13. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

everything i've done is stupid!:D maybe with help from others!

Back when i was redoing my first 55' Pontiac wagon,i found some glass for it in Kearney Neb. well i drove up & bought em,had em stacked real nice & safe aganist the shop wall UNTILL my brother law's drunk ass brother fell over on to em-& didn't even say a word about smashing them til i asked,

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  14. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Was tearing down a quadrajunk to rebuild for my buddys truck and forgot the two middle screws under the choke plate. Couldent figure out why the top of the carb wouldent come off so it was hammer and chisel time, broke it all to hell. :(

15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

I was taking apart a dash that required a pick tool in the shape of an ice pick, i slipped with the pick and shoved it clear through my finger and about 3 inches up the shaft... The mistake was not taking a pic with it stuck;)
    besides that, everything i do is arguably stupid.. I have sold my 51 merc 4 door, 32 tudor, 49 shoebox and my 36 five window/

16. Stupid is as stupid does...

Here's one of many dumbass things that i have done in my lifetime. Thank god I learn from my mistakes.

In my younger days I got mad and threw a phillips screwdriver across the garage. It immediately bounced off the wall, traveled directly back the way it came and stuck in the wall next to my head.

I could hear the vibration of the screwdriver after it impacted the wall...

I have never thrown a tool since.

17. fatkoop

fatkoop

Yesterday, I was rolling a car body out to clean my shop and I had 2 '36 fenders stacked on the roof. Yep, the wind blew one of the CHERRY front fenders off and put a huge dent right across the top.:(

18. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

CURSE MOTHER NATURE!! :mad:

19. G'day all, I was building round fan cages for portable farm and commericial use. About 3 feet in diameter made with 3/16 round stock fed from a 1000 pound reel. The material was spring loaded into a brass jig and spot welded.

My coworder thought it would be funny to crank up my welder while I was on break. First weld I hit immediately melted through the stock and being spring loaded it snapped back hitting me in the rib cage on the left side. It went in the front and out the back along the rib. I was now attached to said 1000 pound spindle. And my shirt was smoking. So, had to cut the cable off in front of me and pull it out the back. That really hurt and left some real interesting scars. How do you explain an entry and exit wound at the beach?

ms

20. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

I have done many stupid things, I have poured 2 or 3 quarts of new oil into the drain pan because I forgot to put the plug back in, got mad and thrown a wrench that bounced off a tree and broke the windshield out of my driver, but my favorite is when I had my friend Kelly helping me bleed the brakes on her car and after many rounds of getting nothing out of the bleeders, I finally realized she had been pumping the clutch pedal.

21. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I was using the Bridgeport in my garage and had just changed collets when I went to turn it on WHAM!! I had left the 3/4" wrench on the draw bar after tightening the collet. I now had a broken 2 piece draw bar :(

22. That wasn't an oops story on you, that is stupid on his part. Did you kill him? Never mind, we don't really need you to tell us.:cool:

23. trollst

trollst

Mine is brake lines...get overconfident, show someone else how to make brake lines without nuts, how to make perfect bends on too short lines, how to remake bends on proper length brake lines the second time, setting myself on fire has happened a time or two, my best happens all the time...searching for the wrench I just put down....

24. First a bit of background history - When I went to automotive school, we learned how to use a growler (it's used for testing starter armatures), and it has 2 leads on it that carry 110V ac. Well of course we needed to try it out and could all feel the tingling up the arms from it. Now to the story - Went to a party a couple years later and as soon as I walked into the house everyone was telling me to touch the fridge and stove. Me of course knew the tingling feeling and proceeded to do so and not a big deal. People still yelling at me to touch the freezer and stove (I didn't suspect any difference as it was a single fridge freezer combo. WELL when I touched the freezer and stove my hands closed a death grip on the handles that GOD himself wouldn't have been able to release. It ended up welding a knuckle in one of my toes that night due to the electricity that went through me. Yeah, it kinda hurt too!

25. Diavolo

Diavolo

Oh yeah, one time, I got married. I wised up later and got divorced though. Talk about an expensive mistake!

Joke:
    "Do you know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's WORTH IT!"

26. radgirl

radgirl

Bahahaha big freaking ooooops ;-)

I got empty nest syndrome and had another baby when my oldest moved out in my late 30's......... So now I spend my time wrestling tools away from a toddler.

The other day he dropped some really nice stainless bolts in my hand and a snap on Spanner........ I recognised them!!!!! OFF dads custom chopper :-/ 3 year old walking dismantler.

27. CollegeKid

CollegeKid
    from Minnesota

Hey I do the searching for tools game at work all the time. They're usually under the creeper I'm laying on. Or wander over to my tool box with my flashlight, proceed to leave it on the box absent minded like, and roll back under the truck and realize I need my flashlight. Dammit

28. Bought a nice 38 Chev coupe seat at the swap meet. Lugged it out to my pickup and slid it in the bed behind the cab (facing backwards) - "Ah its heavy it will ride there fine" - Passed a semi on the freeway 25 miles down the road and it went airborn, landed perfect on the freeway sliding down the slow lane at 75 mph until the semi clipped it and turned it into sawdust... only damage was the seat thanks to a great truck driver...

29. firingorder1

firingorder1

Me neither. In fact God consults me on various things.

30. A tub

A tub

my biggest oops story is- myself trusting an 2year apprentice mechanic i was meant to be overwatching that apparently did up the wheel nuts of a said vehicle, in which i drove around the corner and of course off fly's the rear wheel , just missing people walking on the pathway , rear of car hits the deck , unreal i swear, lessen learnt dont ever trust young egotistical apprentices