Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many of us name our rides??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Captain Neckbeard, Oct 11, 2012.

1. metalman

metalman

I never have named a car, once in awhile I'll buy something already named and the name will stick.
    When I first started dating my current wife she made a comment about guys naming their cars while we were a a car show, she said she thought it was stupid. Of course she had never owned a car other then everyday cars. Last year I bought her a "collector" type car, an ot 72 Dodge station wagon that is now her daily. She named it Wilma. Guess she understands better now!
    I'm picking up another Dodge wagon next week, this one a 71. She's already has named it Wanda, Wilma's older sister.

2. ChefMike

ChefMike

My truck is named Kathie I always wanted a daughter named kathie oh well I have three great girls and a truck named kathie ! its a win for me

3. The guy I bought my 47 tudor from named it "Henry", and it has just kind of stuck.....

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I used to name all of them,..... But I have made it a point in my life to quit using expletives and profanity.

5. One_sic_C

One_sic_C

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I had a slant six Duster I named Wheezy once.

7. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

hmm....and that all I'm ganna say on that.

Attached Files:

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

In high school, my bud had the San Jose striper paint a name on the side quarters of his '34 Vicky. In Olde English lettering was the moniker "C-DUCER".

I had Red Shannon do a name on my '36 Five-window. Red stood in the rumble seat floor, and printed the name on the roof, above the rear window: "OBSCENITY"

Obscenity was popular at school (Lincoln High, San Jose) with all but parents/teachers.
    They actually got a petition together to have it (the name OR the car) banned from the school parking lot! No justice!

9. rcavaliers

rcavaliers
    from downey

hey One sic C..... maybe you should lower Miss Jackson a bit, no? lol

10. the other me

the other me

Does f!#&*ng piece of shit count?
    Mine usually get called names not named names!!!

11. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

Roadagnt:coolhttp://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=16847&pictureid=177723

12. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Usually don't name mine, other than calling it a piece of shit, or a pain in the ass, but may name my 55 Plymouth if I ever get it driving. I want to make it a mid 60's mild custom, and it seemed like every car in Louisville was named in the 50's and 60's.

13. BISHOP

BISHOP

Cum Dumpster is a great name.

14. cheveey57

cheveey57

All my cars are named Betsy. My grand pop started that tradition many years ago, and I am carrying it on...

15. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I think that's my ex-wife's new name! :eek:

I'd give you her number, but I'd feel terrible if any HAMBers ended up with HSV1....

16. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Funny that you start this thread today. I was listening to a little AC/DC earlier and when "Thunderstruck" started to play I thought that would be a cool name for my '40 Pickup.

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

How many of us do a search before starting a new thread????

18. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

My daughter named her Olds "Herbert" My other daughters GMC Jimmy is called "Jimmy" (oddly enough) . The 2000 Ranger we have around here is called "Waylon" and I named my 40 pickup "Wilson" after the guy on Home Improvement

19. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

20. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

Friend of mine called his '50 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup Gladys - it was scratched in the dash when he got the truck.

I had a '49 Ford F-3 that I traded some after-hours farm work to get. The previous owner welded up a cage around the tail light and welded "WW" in the top part. His name was William, so I called the truck Bill.

My long-lost '50 Chevy sedan was called Old Blue or Blacky, depending on the paint that was on it at the time.

Everything else has either been a reference to the model or the year.

At some point in their life, all of my vehicles, HAMB friendly or not, end up being referred to as a worthless POS or some other choice expletive.

21. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

56 plymouth savoy - VooDoo
    46 dodge truck - The Creeper
    27 modelT - The Munster

22. Model T1

Model T1

Not really a name. But for my club plaque hangin from the rear bumper of my 49 Dodge I borrowed the LADIES sign from a bathroom door. On the rear window was a home made sign MADE IN VIRGINIA BY VIRGINS. I lived in central Illinois. High School principle and parents made be take it off. So much for freedom of speech!:D
    Me and my friends called it The Sex Machine. It was slow but steady.

23. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

had a 68 fairlane I called ETHEL after the elderly / deceased previous owner.

24. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

25. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

When my sister saw my model A it didn't have a floor in it yet. She laughed and called it the Fred Fintstone's YABADABADOO car from then on it was called YABADABADOO.

26. guitard

guitard

Every one has been named. Usually others call them more colorful descriptives, but I name them in honor of departed folks worth remembering. Red Dog the 48 Plymouth is named after the legendary old Allman Bros. roadie because it's seen death, drugs, debauchery, and dreams on a road most others would've wrecked off of many miles ago.

Attached Files: