Register now to get rid of these ads!

Norm grabowski 1933-2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FLAT-TOP BOB, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Man...I hated to hear this. God bless you, Norm. Prayers for you and your family. What a hell of a man.

2. Just got the news. R.I.P. Norm. You will be missed in the hot rod world.

3. Love this picture. Says it all. See you in another life, brother.

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

R.I.P. Norm, you were one of a kind and we will all miss you.

5. terryble

terryble
    from canada

Some very nice things said here all show what a profound mark Norm made during his personal journey. Met him once in the parking lot in Pamona, I of course knew who Norm Grabowski was but didn't recognize him he introduced himself with modesty and we had a great conversation, he got a great kick out of the name Saskatchewan on our license plate. What a fine tribute here by all who took the time to comment or share a story, says a lot about the man.

6. thinkfink

thinkfink

godspeed.
    Another sad loss.

7. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

thanks for everything Norm.

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

77 Sunset Strip finally ended. R.I.P.

9. seatex

seatex

R.I.P. Norm! We're gonna' mis 'ya! The world is a litttle less KOOKIE, today.

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

RIP norm... very sad news.

11. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Gods speed my friend.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  12. Pharouh

Pharouh

Really sorry to hear this.
    I never knew him personally,but I wish I could have.

Great guy. RIP Norm.

13. The Rod God

The Rod God

Hello to all who are friends and fans of Norm Grabowski....this is his niece, Mary Birdsong writing. It is with a heavy heart that I write this but Uncle Norm passed away this morning. We got to his room just 10 minutes after. I am doing my best to call as many as I have numbers for. He will be cremated and we will have a local memorial service for those who live close, sometime in the next week. Uncle Norm wanted to do a car show and we were helping him with getting it organized. The plans for the show will now be a Memorial Car Show for Norm Grabowski, The Rod god, El Polacko, HIM, Woo-Woo, sometime in the spring so that the people who loved and cared about him can make plans to attend. Anyone wanting to be a part of putting this event together would be much appreciated. We will strive to put something together that would do him justice. We will post the details as we work it out. For those who are local to the Harrison, Arkansas area and would like to attend the Memorial coming up we would love to see you. So, please send an e-mail to [email protected] as this will get to us, his family. And if you have any photos or words you'd like to share please do so. Again, thank you all for your support and love. Mary

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad day for sure! Luckily there WAS a Norm, though... He was an asset to the world of hot rods!

15. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

This is such a terrible loss, He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Condolences from those of us in the Over the Hill Gang Berdoo, Norm was an Honorary member of our club.

16. Norm and some of his buddies gave me some grief one day when I was at Cruisin' Branson Lights many years ago. I was taking some distorted pics of Kookie II in the reflection of a chrome headlight bullet and Norm comes up to me and says "Whatcha doin' kid?" I said "I'm taking pictures of your car." He said "Aint you a bit close? And by the way...my car is over here!" I then proceded to show him how cool Kookie II looked in the headlight reflection and he thought it was cool and creative photography. He took the same pic himself and asked me to hang out with him and his friends for a while. We talked cars for a while and I thanked him for his time. I will never forget the way he treated me and how cool and friendly he was. I saw him a couple of times at other shows and he always somehow remembered my name. The car hobby has lost a great man.....R.I.P.

17. The Rod God

The Rod God

Also, anyone who has videos and/or photos they'd like to share please get in touch with us, his family, as we'd like to put something together for him for the Memorial. Thank you, Mary Birdsong. It can be sent via e-mail to his e-mail address, [email protected] This is the e-mail address he had us set up so it will come to us, his family. And as per his wishes we have been working on a Web site for him and would love input from all those who were near and dear to him. There has also been a book that has been in the works for the last 10 years about Him being put together by his dear friend Linda Steves. We will be working with Linda to help with completion. Ty for your help and support and most of all your love and admiration of my Uncle Norm. His niece, Mary

18. Gigantor

Gigantor

That just took my breath away. :(

19. indianhead74

indianhead74

Sad day, A real pioneer and character, Indy

20. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

A treasured memory. Drinking with Norm in the Horse and Groom pub opposite Windsor Castle during his only UK visit, August 2006. Glad to have known you Norm, my life is richer for it.

R.I.P.

[​IMG]

L.P.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  21. He was the man. Boogie till you puke he always said.

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Godspeed to a GREAT man........Every time that I met him he had a GIANT smile on his face.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gJ_7Z1K29gE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris

23. What a life!!

Rest in peace Norm...

24. LongT

LongT

So sad to hear this. I met Norm at the Wheels of Time Jamboree in Macungie, PA. Walked by his truck and there was Norm. We talked for a while. It was like we were best friends.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Bill

25. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

RIP Norm! I will miss you dearly. Thanks for opening up your house to me and making me such a cool shifter skull to scare the pants off the asphalt! We will meet again. Thanks for the great memories... Mikey

Attached Files:

26. slowmotion

slowmotion

R.I.P. Norm
    Never had the pleasure, but you put a smile on my face all the same.
    Helluva ride my friend.

27. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Super sad news.
    Rest in Peace Norm.
    Our deepest condolences to his family and friends.

28. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Rest in peace!

29. belair

belair

Well heck. Godspeed, Norm.