Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs PREMIUM SPORTWAY 5.20/5.60 tires.. NEW AND AVAILABLE.. crazy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by touchdowntodd, Oct 11, 2012.

1. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

just passing this along .. i do not work for the company etc...

for the custom and lowrider lovers, its CRAZY NEWS!

new 5.20 and 5.60 PREMIUM SPORTWAY real deal tires are back! bias ply tru exact copies of the originals made from molds that came off of NOS tires ..

- improved rubber technology
    - improved whitewall coloring
    - improved strength
    - EXACTLY like originals, PREMIUM SPORTWAY name, perfect dimensions, etc...

these are now in the US and will be at the Las Vegas lowrider show on display this weekend along with for sale very soon ...

this is unbelievable .. for those that dont know these tires are SO loved that we use 25+ yr old tires on cars just to have the brand and look .. the Cokers came out and are 2 treads too many along with countless other flaws in looks and design ..

these are tires built for car guys BY car guys .. not some big corporation that doesnt care about us car lovers!

check it out and follow the progress on this page (i understand the website will be up soon)

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/PremiumSportwayLLC?fref=ts

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

bringin the topic ttt

3. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Why don't you post a picture here for those of us who don't do facebook? :)

Don

5. I don't space book, I already waste too much time on line. :D

Are they using 900 year old worn out molds or have they actually made new molds off of the old ones? I am not knocking the company here this is just a question I would ask prior to purchasing tires. Old worn molds = low quality tires.

OK deisregard the question according to their you tube they have created new molds, this is a good manufacturing practice. Something that one major tire retailer found out the hard way near the end of the last century.

6. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

new molds ... much improved rubber, whitewall, and weight capacity ...

as far as pics they are being held until the start of the lowrider super show this weekend .. but here is the one that is being put out .. i have seen more these tires are FANTASTIC

info from the owners:

"No this is no joke. Its been a long time in the making, and due to a number of reasons we felt it was best to start over and not discuss it. We didn't want a repeat of the prior attempt, where we posted daily logs of our progress and confidence, only to have it all come crashing down.

There are some prototype tires being air freighted to us as I write this. We will have them by Friday morning, barring any complications. We will then mount them on some rims, and head out to vegas.

I am sure there are many questions at this point, and we will answer them at the show. But for those of you not attending, here are a few answers:

1) Availability: we have some extensive testing that needs to be done to ensure the quality and durability of the tire. This will be done in two ways. First, we will have the DOT do their tests. This basically amounts to weight rating. We dont have exact figures, but expect them to be significantly higher than the originals. We will also be conducting real world tests that apply specifically to lowriders. We have decided to have Freaky Tales do the testing, as he has been dealing with the original 5.20's for quite some time. His knowledge and unbiased opinion will be beneficial in determining what, if any, improvements need to be made before we enter into the production phase. He will report his findings to us, and on this board. Having said that, we anticipate sales to begin within 8 weeks.

2) Price: 135-140, depending on rubber costs.

3) Construction: These are true 4 ply tires with a 6 ply rating. Our tires weigh 20% more than the originals, and are built with nylon cords. We had our tire designer look at light truck tires, and incorporate those designs into our tire.

4) Sizes: Currently we will have 5.20x13 and 5.20x14 with the narrow whitewall. If demand warrants it, we will make a 5.60x14.

5) Purchasing: We have a website, and will bring it online within a few weeks. From the website you will be able to order and securely pay for tires. We will also be selling tires at the bigger lowrider shows and the Pomona swap meet. There will be no distributors. Shortly we will post both the west coast and east coast phone numbers should you have any questions.

That should about cover things for now. We will take pictures of the tires, both mounted and unmounted, and post them up either this weekend, or the following week. There is also a facebook page, Premium Sportway LLC that has a picture of the new tire, that you can check out now. We will also be updating it frequently so that you can get all the latest developments.

We look forward to providing the lowrider world with the best tire ever made, the legendary Premium Sportway 5.20 "

Attached Files:

7. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

arrived in CALI and being mounted up!

Attached Files:

8. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Ho . . Ra . . . . Le . . . . . . .

9. moefuzz

moefuzz

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

the video was for before they wanted pics out ...

bummmmmmmmp