Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage This year's Hershey scores?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Oct 10, 2012.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Stuck up here in wet upstate NY wishing regretting that I'm not going to Hershey. I have a few buddies there, I told them to keep an eye out for a decklid for me.

Lets hear from those of you who are there. What treasures have you found so far?

2. 1 blister on my right toe
    2 not one, but two chrome SBC 4 blade fans $10 each
    3 30-31 roadster windshield frame $10
    4 new set of chinese finned aluminum polished valve covers $60
    5(best) Old Edelbrock tripower(polished)intake with 3 small base Rochesters, progressive linkage, and an Edelbrock fuel rail $250 :eek::D
    6 crab cake sammich ;)

Headed back in the mornin'.......:)

3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

4. von birch

von birch

i got some 48 style front backing plates,a full set of sw military gauges for $15, and some nick-nacks. but my find of the day was a 21-29 holley 94 for $5. thats what i usually like to buy them for and i havent found one for "my price" in a while. but no haggling, just looked at the $5 price tag!

been seein some great deals though!

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Are you guys finding there are less good deals these days at Hershey because of the internet ? Most swap meets seem to be off but Hershey was always so good I just wondered if it was affected too.

Don

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Four good steel rims for my project, a nice '40 Ford steering wheel, some little books for my collection and a bunch of small parts I need. All-in-all, a great Hershey!

7. 29pu

29pu

A split 32 wishbone with 3 layers of paint over unpitted metal with ends welded on and tie rod ends for 25.00

8. walls

walls

I just got home and the wife's not here so, I get to sit, have a beer and be on the computer for a while. I can't believe I made it through the whole thing in one day. 9 hours of walking fast only stopping for 2 hamburgers and the bathroom (not at the same time). My feet are pissed at me. I was looking for body panels so, they were easy to spot.
    I didn't find what I want for a reasonable price but did do pretty well on some things that I needed. All in decent shape.
    31 grill shell
    Headlight bar w/truck lights
    Manifold
    Hood
    All for $150.

9. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I found a few model a and shoebox ford parts that i haven't been able to find in the past 2 years.

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

you covered all the fields in 9 hours?

11. Clark

Clark

It's been a real good Hershey. Still lots of great deals
    I got....
    4 Lyons 35 Ford wheel covers
    5 36 Ford spyder caps
    3 cool SW speedometers one being 6 inch with a may,Hong quad gauge
    an nos fish carb in the box
    Whippet grill and radiator
    a Goodyear hub cap
    Ansen pedals
    A roadster back window
    And a bunch of little stuff

12. Funny! You forgot my $500.00 33 Willys coupe? Dang...

13. They had the front end, but the rest was missing, so .........

14. Spent waaayyyy to much but got killer shit. :D

Best was the 57 Mercury M 335 dual quad manifold. Think "hens teeth" :eek:

Oldmics

15. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

i GOT HOME AND FOUND A HERSHEY IN MY UNDERWARE

16. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Wish i was there! A few of my buddies went this year, Heard there were lots of good deals! I went to Carlisle last weekend, I have to pick and choose which one to go to. In the past i have found plenty of deals at Hershey! Maybe next year...

17. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saw the `33 Willys front end too, also a pair of blue with white panel painted doors off a `33-`36 gasser over in race car row area. One guy had about 8 smoothie 6 pin Halibrand 15"x about 9" marked $550 a pair. Bunch of neat stuff,but most vendors know what any of it is worth; these days. We hoofed it all in about 10 hrs over Wed-Thur ,good meet as always.

18. walls

walls

Yeah, it's not possible to look thoroughly but, I was only looking for body panels. Pretty easy to spot. I could only be there one day so, I did my best.

19. chiro

chiro

I Had a great day there yesterday. Walked for 11 hours, including the car corral after all the vendors started to close up.

1 guide B-31 marker lights-$20 for the pair (everybody else wanted over $100)
    2 Sweet 94 carb off a guys father's car with 2 small hotrod type chrome air cleaners- $65
    3 Rebuilt flathead starter-$75
    4 '40 ford truck steering column mast jacket and column drop-$125
    5 '40 Ford steering wheel-good shape for $80
    6 My favorite pick of the day...Early dual carb Edmunds Custom Intake for my flathead-$190

Also saw some great deals on HotRod parts that I SHOULD have bought to resell, like the '32 wishbone for $450 and the '32 K-member for $450, but I'm not in the business of buying and selling parts.

It was a good time. Hard to do the whole field in a day, but it CAN be done. But man are my legs sore and I'm tired today, but happy with the gold I mined there.

Andy

20. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I still cant believe this one, Older but new set of chrome hairpin style track bars with rearend mounting brackets, heim ends, and clevis brackets for $20. I paid the price in the labor of carrying them around for 2 hours before taking them back to the parking lot. Also got a N.O.S. old sytle 12 V Chrome OOGHA horn for $15. Now back to resting resting my legs and back.

21. banjorear

banjorear

Freshly , completely rebuilt late '39 trans. w/ correct 91A top for $200.00.
    Not such a great deal, but a super nice '39 "78 truck" case (one with rib running the full length of the bottom) for $90
    NOS flathead distributor "bench top" tester for $10
    2 Ford open drive trans. slip yokes for $5.00
    Ford (w/ front and rear patches) mechanics jacket for $10
    tons & tons of fishing stuff for my two bass crazy boys for $30
    + a car load of really cool stuff from $1.00-$3.00 piles. Man, I love those low buck dollar piles.

Maybe my favorite score of the year was a really nice late '60's Matchbox storage case for $3.00. Will go perfectly with the cars I've as a kid.

Plus sold enough parts (at really fair prices) that I was able to come home with money in my pocket.

Things I wish I bought, but just don't have the room or the man power to move:

Complete Sunnen con rod straightness gauge/fixture and a matching honing set-up. All parts & fixtures were there. $125
    Black & Decker valve grinding machine $50

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  22. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I had $250k in my pocket, I would have brought home a Rolls Royce woodie, scot blower and ardun heads. Instead, I took pictures of them all, bought misc parts and a surfboard. It was my first time and only got through less than half of it in one day. Planning for 2 or 3 days next year.

Great weather yesterday too. Life is good.

23. takid455

takid455

Went Thursday. really enjoyed it. Did most of the show. skimmed out on the orange field as most vendors were banged up. Found stuff for my 56 olds. not alot of olds stuff for this era. only found 1 56 ford truck door. price was a rich for my blood at 385.
    Used to recall lots of 50's and some later stuff but this year seemed big in 40's and earlier. T & A parts should have been free as they were everywhere. Picked up some 70's pontiac dealer albums which I will sell some to recoup a little.

Saw a few sets of Ardun heads. Not much Hemi stuff...surprised by that.

Saw a stuck semi corroded 6-71 blower w/o front plate for 175. still pondering if I made the right decision to leave it there. Dont have an immediate use for it, but its a 6-71 and they are always cool to look at.

car corral while had some nice stuff, prices seemed high. Also saw a fair amount of 'Sold' cars too. while OT, a 25k mile 80 pace car T/a for 16k had potential for flipping is price could be nego in the 10-12 range. I have a thing for Lincoln KB V12 cars. Saw a gorgeous '32 in nice shape for 285k...one of these lifetimes, just not this one as of now.

24. banjorear

banjorear

That Rolls "woodie" was awesome. Also, did you see that International Harvester "woodie"?

Some really cool cars there.

25. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Dont mean to hijack. I have never been myself. Should I consider going in the future, and taking along a truck load of early hemi parts to vend? I usually only do the Chrysler show at Carlisle.

26. banjorear

banjorear

Without question. I would think you'd do pretty good at Hershey.

27. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Of course I saw the Harvester woodie.

rolls
    [​IMG]

harvester
    [​IMG]

scot
    [​IMG]

ardun
    [​IMG]

28. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

I was only able to spare half a day to shop.. man am I sore.

Had fun but only came home with a 59-60 Chevy shop manual supplement.

29. takid455

takid455

Aside from fun & stuff, did anyone else keep getting whiffs of fermenting a$$/ sewage? Especially by the Orange field. Def wasn't chocolate. Hershey squirt -yes, hershey candy bar - no.

30. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

How much for the ardun heads?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad