Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Eagle Field Turn the volume up, and ride along in a FED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, Oct 7, 2012.

1. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Rocky was kind enough to let me beat up on his FED all day (while he had fun with the TWIN!) I started out rusty, especially in the first video. Through the day my confidence grew and I actually raced someone, got my butt stomped, but it's funny how a guy next to you makes you push the car and your fears further. Even though I lost, it was the best run I did all day, and the most fun! Kick back in your seat, turn up the volume and laugh at me as I get scared and let off the throttle!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Rocky, you truly amaze me. I'm so happy to call you a friend, to just give me your car for the day and walk away speaks volumes of your kindness. Glad I was able to be a small part of such a fantastic event. It's evident I had a blast (You can hear me yell in video #2!)

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j270/Alex15143/Eagle field drag races 6 October 2012/

2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, I enjoyed the ride-along.

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Did we get a photo with the Mask and hows your ears :D

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Thanks! You learn a lot about yourself when you stab that go pedal through the floorboard!

Here are some photos from the event. I was busy with my girls and racing so I didn't get the chance to take many, but enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My daughter "racing!"

[​IMG]

Dinner, the night before. My girls that love this crazy life just as much as me! (Or they're great actresses!!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just got back from a run, she HAD to have daddy!!!
    [​IMG]

That's my girl!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Ahh hell, I'm already deaf!! 12 years of being a jet mechanic will help that along!

That mask is for the birds man!! Sure looks cool, but damn, what an uncomfortable contraption!!

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Fucking awesome!!!!

7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I saw that someone else was driving the twin besides rocky, didn't realize it was you. Next event we are meeting up for a beer.

8. joes55belvedere

joes55belvedere

Astrozombie, are an A/P mech. Where. Im 23 years at AA. Joe

9. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Well I haven't driven the TWIN... (YET!) This was the car that popped my cherry last year and this year I had it all day to run whenever I wanted. Got 3 runs in before my back decided I had enough fun. Beer for sure! Did you have your coupe there? I didn't even get a chance to walk the grounds... Went from parking cars, right to racing!

Whew, 23 years?! That's impressive! I'm in the Navy, only doing the airframe side of the house on F-18's.

10. Nice video. Rails are cool. Very peaceful and relaxing. I am a three run per day fellow myself. Same reason.
    Thanks for the ride along. I enjoyed it. Maybe we should have a dragster ride along thread.

Don

11. Great video's, looks like you were having a ball Astro, now next time get a ride in the Twin, "man what a rush"............ and yes Roc is one class individual. Go Eagle!!!!!!

12. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Oh man, I had the time of my life!! One day I'll graduate to the TWIN! :D

13. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Thanks Don, glad you enjoyed the videos! I think a dragster ride along thread is an awesome idea. Lord knows I'd watch all the videos over and over and over!!

14. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

That was fun! Thanks. I'd love to do that myself.
    Tom

15. paintcan54

paintcan54

Thanks for the ride. Not to hi jack your thread, but just last sunday we took my old fed out and made a pass after setting for 30 years.

16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I think your ready Buddy!

17. So thats what it looks like in the drivers seat....thanks!

18. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

No no, I don't mind the hijack, that's AWESOME you got yours out and had a blast! Be safe, and have fun!! :D

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed them!

19. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I'd say you have no idea the size of the smile on my face right now, but I'm betting I'd be wrong!

Challenge accepted!!! :D:D:D:D

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

21. zkilla396

zkilla396
    from Peoria, IL

OK - Now we need some video of the TWIN!!! Very cool - sounds like a helluva guy to let you borrow the FED! Thx for the vids.

22. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Yep!!! What a rush!!