Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Friend and I are starting a '36 sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dorksrock, Oct 11, 2012.

1. dorksrock

dorksrock

So while at a friends house I noticed he has an old ford sitting in the shed, and brought it up to him. Well turns out is his dads, and has done nothing to it... After some coaxing his dad decided we could have it since he is never getting to it, and its better then letting it rot away into oblivion.. so we pulled it out and put it into a place we can work a little better... The thing is in amazing shape for being in the rust belt! So then my friend took me around the other side of the barn to look at a '58 Apache pickup that has been sitting there since forever... the body is so rotted there is nothing left to work with, but I opened the hood and started playing around... The 235 in it still turns over! So were pulling the 235 out of that to rebuild and put goodies on, and put in the '36 (which im sure will require some firewall work) and then he has an old s-10 pickup that we are going to rob some parts from, like the T-5 tranny, and the rear end because we are on a budget. Our plans are to pull the body off the chassis, remove the old banjo (which im going to keep for future use in other potential projects) already pulled out the frozen and mostly worthless 21 stud flathead ( and found a nice stromberg 97!) and work on modifying the K-member and reshaping the front crossmember to lower it down a few inches. Ill keep you guys updated as things get rolling! Eventually we would like to paint it black metallic with gold metallic fenders and running boards... but that could change...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Floor was actually quite good, with the exception of some rust on the outer edges...
    [​IMG]

better look at the rust...
    [​IMG]

on a side I really shouldnt be taking up another project as I already have too much crap hanging around...
    [​IMG]

2. Cool sedan. Is it a flat back? I've always liked those.

3. dorksrock

dorksrock

Its a hump back :( I wish it was a flatback... but theres almost no rot anywhere on the body, and the price was right! :)

4. I don't know if I would call all of that crap!?!

Looks like you are working on a decent collection!

Thanks for sharing, and keep us posted! :)

Don't scrap the flathead! I'm sure someone needs at least a few things off of it.

Pour some diesel, MMO, ATF and acetone, or whatever your favorite penetrant is and see if you can get it to loosen up!

5. I've seen a 36, with a smaller hump. I was told it was a Vicky. But it got me to thinking about cutting down a sedan like yours. I can't leave anything alone.. an yeah, that's a great price!

6. dorksrock

dorksrock

I think were going to see if we can get it freed up and try selling it to somebody that can use it for some extra proceeds. even if we don't get much outta it. and I suppose i have a few goodies in my garage...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and outside of it too...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012