Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Autoclásica 2012 from Argentina ... some PICS!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Damian1957, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Damian1957

Damian1957

Hi to all, mi name is Damian and I'm from Buenos Aires. This weekend I went to an excellent event called Autoclásica that is organized every year by CLUB DE AUTOMOVILES CLASICOS DE ARGENTINA in Hipódromo de San Isidro. It was a great event that gatherend many makes (american, italian, german, french, extincted, domestic, etc.) and styles (stock, race, custom, restored, etc.)... So many beauty people and so on...

I'll post some acoding with the aim of the H.A.M.B. the rest pics I've took are in these links.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=36281

https://picasaweb.google.com/111020409869812028973/AUTOCLASICA2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Enjoy!!!! :D:D:D

PD: si alguien fue a la exposición este fin de semana puede compartirla en este mismo post... muchas gracias a todos!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. wallyringo

wallyringo

very cool welcome to the hamb. What kind of car is this, its bad ass?

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      116.4 KB
      Views:
  3. skywolf

skywolf

Bentley.

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An unusual Bentley, at that.

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

WOW. those are cool cars

6. What an interesting array of cars, at that event. Thanks for the photos.

7. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Thanks, always nice to see cars from out of town, way out of town that is.

8. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

The Rolls chassis is A-mazing. Sort of a mechanic clutter of awesomeness. So much goin on, and so much organization. Everything looks like it belongs.
    Engineers back then really knew their shit. Or maybe it was the mechanics doin the work ;)

Whats the ATMA tiny car with the banged twin next to it? Looks like a bastard child of a Fiat 500.

9. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Hi Damian - Thanks for sharing your photos. It's always good to see what auto-related stuff is going on in other parts of the world. Looks like there is a lot of activity in Argentina. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us here on the H.A.M.B.

10. Weasel

Weasel

Thank you for posting this Damian. There have always been a lot of interesting and wonderful cars in Argentina - the result of very independent thinking. Nestor Salerno is an example of a restorer/creator of exotic and one off 1950s sports cars - here's a taster and a couple of links:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maharpress.blogspot.com/2011/06/nestor-salerno-o-construtor-de-sonhos.html

www.nestorsalerno.com/our_vehicles.html

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  11. Damian1957

Damian1957

I had a brief conversation with the restorer of the Bentley and the Rolls, a guy called Guillermo, a manager of a company based in Paraná, Entre Rios province... He told me the rolls was a barn find in this country. But the Bentley was imported to do the work and was near to come back its home again. These guys are well known professional restorers that are specialized in quality replicas, no fiberglass :cool: (18 models at this time) (Maseratti, Bugatti, Alfas, Ferraris), and have 85 qualifield artisan workers. They offer their products in France (dont remember exactly where) and in Pebble Beach each year. The company is ESTABLECIMIENTO PUR SANG (http://www.pursangweb.com/).

ATMA (an old appliances company here) was the sponsor of some race cars in TURISMO CARRETERA in the fifties. The pic shows '39 Ford coupe replica for kids equiped with 7 HP engines. The mini cars were equal to the heros of that era and belonged to an amusement park in Mar del Plata.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  12. Damian1957

Damian1957

Here are some links of pics from the official site.

http://autoclasica.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=191

http://autoclasica.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25&Itemid=190

http://autoclasica.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=192

:cool::cool::cool:

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Rather intresting stuff about the mini replica racers.
    It was quite obvious that the Rolls n Bentley were Pepple Beach material.

14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

awesome coverage! I'll take that Case please...the Amilcar tank is cute as a bug!!!

15. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Nice stuff! thanks for posting

16. Damian1957

Damian1957

That was ones of my favorites. It has so simple lines and seem to be advanced design at that time... and a source of inspiration indeed. I've searched the web for some information on this but didn't find anything... :mad:

Attached Files:

17. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car appears to be loosely modelled after a Chenard et Walker "tank", funny you note that it is "advanced", if it is original, Bugatti set that stage 13 years earlier!

[​IMG]

of course, the other famous "tank"...the bugatti from 1923

[​IMG]

18. fleetside66

fleetside66

That Bentley is just stunning...thanks for posting.