Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is getting pulled over NOT by a cop normal for you guys with nice cars??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Generally,,if I am pulled over I've done something wrong! HRP

2. outlaw256

outlaw256

well aint this timing!!! i go to a store about 3 miles from the house, country store.country roads. i get pulled over by the county.aint the first time and im damn sure not the last. anyway cop has the lights going im sittin in the car sweatin bullets ah hell no sweatin bombs.lol he gets to the car looks inside outside walks around it. im really gettin ready for a ticket and im really thinkin about this thread.lol he gets back to my window with a im gonna screw you look and ask me "what yr is this? i got a 61 im re doing and i was told about this car from another officer.62 galaxie you say. when you going to paint it. (its been in primer for 2 yrs)" there is another thread on here about the very same question.while im thinkin about these threads he says" just wanted to touch base with you about the car" and leaves me there wipin piss off my seat.lol. i invited him to come by the shop to look around. now im worried about all the shit i buy from people.lol hope i didnt buy something hot. hate to get popped in my own shop for some dumb shit sellin me something hot.lol anyway this all happened about a hr ago....!!!!!

3. goetzcr

goetzcr

Sorry, but my anger over an arrogant cop pulling me over with lights just to talk cars would override ANY good feeling of relief of not getting a ticket. It's one thing if a civilian does it; you don't actually have to stop. If it's a cop, you're a captive audience. I might actually have other things to do. Anyway, not cool if you ask me.

4. pitman

pitman

Depends upon the attitude of the officer. If he appreciates, its okay.

5. msalamanca

msalamanca

Shoot in LA I wouldnt pull over for anyone if they followed me.

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Only time I got pulled over to talk cars was by a GA State Patrol officer in a small GA town back in late 60s, early 70s.
    I was enroute to another town in GA, hauling my dirt track '55 Chev. on a borrowed trailer to a dirt track for a Sat. night of racing, and the trailer had no tag! I figgered a ticket was coming for sure!
    But when the trooper got out and walked up to my truck he turned out to be an old buddy from high school days who had recognized me and wanted to look at my race car! We talked a bit, and he went his way and I went mine. Never was a word said about no tag on trailer.

7. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Topless women???? All I get is the "what year is it?" from clueless retired guys. Maybe I need to drive more near the University.

8. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I had a person get out of his car that was infront of me at a stop light and told me how much he liked my 55 Ford PU.

He also asked me if I wanted a trailer free to match my truck. free is good! took him up on it in a flash.

Attached Files:

9. pumpman

pumpman

I was on a cigar run in my 56 vette and some big ass Mercedes pulls right up on my ass at the store and this guy jumps out walks around the without saying a word and comes up to me and said "I want to buy it". I told him it was not for sale and he gets in my face wanting to know why? Just looked at him and got my cigars and when I came out he was there still looking at the car. I had to ask him to move so I could leave, called me an asshole and took off. That is the only time that has happened to me.

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Up here a Mercedes usually means a rich snooty ahole or a drug dealer gangster wantabe.

Don't think I would pull over for either. :)

11. r0yal

r0yal
    from winnipeg

You have those dreams too?!

12. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Mine was an early drive over the Altamont Pass one morning heading to the bay area pitch dark when a black pick up comes along side me I could not see the driver, his passenger window comes down and then a flash goes off the dude was shoting a picture but my first reaction was that it was a gun scared the hell out of me when all he wanted was a picture of my wagon.

13. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

How dare you not want to sell your baby right there on the spot to some guy in a Mercedes. ;) Wow offended because you won't sell him your car. Unbelievable.

14. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I had a 46 Military Dodge Suburban lookin weapons carrier. WC-26. It had a 270 Hemi Red Ram. I got pulled over by a little old lady. She said she made those during the war. Naturally We went for a ride. She got all misty, it was very cool.

15. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I had this happen quite a few years ago with another car that I had. Problem is, they wanted me to do it for free and I didn't know them from timbucktoo. It wasn't really about the money, but the liability and my entire Saturday. I acted like I was busy that weekend...

16. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I was raised in Brooklyn. There you don't pull over for NOBODY unless its a fully marked police car with lights and sirens blaring.

Not long ago here in Pennsylvania I was gassing up and a State Trooper pulls up to the next pump and spent the next 20 minutes talking to me about my ride. I remembered his name in case I ever need a favor.;)

It's a proven fact that you can get out of tickets by dropping a few names.

17. sololobo

sololobo

It even happens in my beater project Chevy truck, and most of the time they want to know if its for sale. I guess they think gramps is about done with this ol beast, not!! ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

18. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

I wouldn't stop my POS, but people do scare the hell out of you sometimes when they yell at stop lights. And as said before they become oblivious to the green light once they start talking. Always some character waiting when I come out of the gas station or store to ask questions. Reminds them of Dad's, uncle's or someone's other year make and model????

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. 327Eric

327Eric

Had a rent a cop try and pull me over after doing a burnout out of a movie theater parking lot. Orange lights flashing and all. Usually I just get a thumbs up.

20. Of all the old Impalas, Belairs and others, the only car people wanted to talk to me about was my OT '68 Mustang GT fastback.... "how much?" was the standard question. I eventually did sell it to someone who gave me their number.. "if you ever want to sell it"... I had the number in my glove box for about 2 years.

Bob

21. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I HATE those people that honk their horns...What The Hell!
    I'm looking around...
    What do I need to know?

22. Rah Rah Records

Rah Rah Records

I had a guy follow me to work one day in my OT datsun 280zx. He was driving a 300zx. Asked if I wanted to sell it. At the time I needed the car more than the money. I should have taken him up on it. It was a crusty beater and I wound up selling it about 7 months later after its second injector fire.
    When I drive Molly I mostly just get the obligatory "What year is it?" or "Is that a Studebaker?" One guy asked me if it was a mitsubishi after reading the Lancer GT badge. Seriously??? I just laughed and shook my head.

23. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

me too....Jim Lawernce Milford, Ohio Police Cheif pulled me over in my 57 Chev when I was 17..Tried to buy in as well.....we became life long freinds....

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Bone headed move in todays world if you ask me, good way to get ventilated

at a stop already, ok fine, at a gas station yup i have had it happen, in a parking lot yup that too..but someone rolling up on my ass flashing thier lights acting like they are Barney Fife or Gang banger ready to jack my ride..naww that aint cool.

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

We have car jackers here. That's how they get you. They flash their lights like somethings wrong and when you pull over you're looking at mister 45. If they can't catch me at a stoplight, they'll have to try another day.

26. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

quite a bit. one lady wanted to take pics with her phone, another guy wanted to remember the cars from his youth. I pointed him to the hamb

Posted from Jalopyjournal.com App for Android