Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kicking myself so hard right now.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by radgirl, Oct 10, 2012.

1. radgirl

radgirl

If you've been following my Franken-Merc being reborn you would see I've been kicking ass so far. Until today. I plotted, measured and measured again to try and get this butchered roof straight (seriously near got out the GPS and plotted) So after blowing my own trumpet and thinking I'm kinda alright....... Roof angle same both sides mirrored..... Yeh I'm good. Until I looked at it from behind. Side profile beautiful and now matching THEN MY WTF MOMENT somehow I stupidly braced the rear window that was originally sitting in it. What was i thinking?????? With a 3 degree twist. And I can see it!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaah! So I've come home to have a cup of coffee seeing as though I no longer drink, change out of work clothes and into sweats........ And back to cut the window frame out again. Insert F and C words here <*******>
    :confused::(:mad:

2. deto

deto

Shitty. Sorry to hear that. Bet it will be perfect this time around.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sounds about like every project I work on. Helps me maintain my colorful language skills.

4. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

It really becomes an art after a while lol

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ice cream, you need ice cream....

6. radgirl

radgirl

7. sololobo

sololobo

Stuff like this can be very frustrating. But I admire the fact you are doing it, most people just talk about doing it. Good you aren't drinkin, a little shot o chocolate is a much better choice. Proud of your progress, "you can do it" ~sololobo~

8. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Breathe deep. Clench fist. Unclench jaw. Great redo. We've all been there. Good job at getting it right. Chocolate fixes a lot of (mental) problems.

9. radgirl

radgirl

Chocolate = Love :D

10. That stuff happens,
    the more things you do the more it happens
    The more it happens the less of a big deal it becomes to fix.

My Honey was talking to her little ones after they were upset and discouraged about some toddler catastrophe. (We had gone to the circus the day before) She said " remember that juggler from the circus the day before ?&#8221; ( sniffle yea sniffle) " Well he's probably the best juggler in the whole world and he's dropped more balls than anyone in the whole world too! He's dropped so many he can pick them up with his feet"

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  11. Well radgirl it sounds to me like you are very much alive. Life would be easy if it would just stay the hell out of the way.

You fixed it, right? No harm done and you will know better next time.

12. radgirl... keep at it

It happens to the best of the them, a good friend Ryan has chopped 4 or more mercs and still has WTF moments BACK TO BACK

Ryan had the same feeling about this back window until he cut it out and started over, I don't think he made it to the chocolate phase yet, he has several other projects that keep getting in the way.

[​IMG]

More merc pics

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367038

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  13. RocketSled

RocketSled

By the time you're done, you'll be an expert. I can't tell you how many things I've become an expert in, only to never do them again.

14. Buckle

Buckle

Chocolate has saved me from many a melt down, and I have my own stash in the garage fridge, secret until now :D

Cool project!

Buckle

15. jetslide

jetslide
    from norway

welcome to the club, i have a WTF moment everytime i step into the garage and evaluate last nights work :)

16. spiders web

spiders web

Practice makes perfect my mom use to say. I added but, redos make pride. Stay at it girl is what I tell my daughter Savannah when shes working on her car. Nice to see a woman with a critical eye. Looks great and by the way, chocolate isn't just for girls.

17. not trying to be critical, just trying to help-
    before welding around that window opening,You really need 2 vertical and 1 horizontal supports IN that window opening much more than the ton of interior braces you have.........
    also check top of window opening's height measured from your original rear shelf on each side for comparo......

18. Looking good so far. Don't worry, my only WTF moments are when I'm awake. Think I'm gonna go get a chocolate bar now. Mmmmmmm

19. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

While I don't have your talent, I sure understand what you are going thru......have done similar to that many times over the years....and when the project is done, it actually is kinda fun to look back and chuckle about it...
    At least you caught it on time !!
    Cheers, and great work too...

20. If it were easy, everyone would be building and driving chopped Mercs...

... instead of Honda Civics.

21. Hell i pulled my back window out twice before I got it looking like it should. Custom Mercs can be a little bit of a pain it butt but the first drive makes it all worth it. I think anyone building a Merc has been in the same wtf moment but it looks good keep on doing the great work and it will pay off.

22. radgirl

radgirl

Thanks for that :) I actually cut them out before so I could remove the window again ;) I'm just slack at keeping up with the photos

23. radgirl

radgirl

Oh and the interior shelf and floor are both out. You have no idea how Franken merc'd she is xx

24. radgirl

radgirl

It's a blog thing. I sing, I model, I fix (modelling sometimes requires little or no clothing) I can't use my laptop at the moment it's being fixed so I've had to link. If you're easily offended I suggest not following. Basically it's my chick space.

25. the other me

the other me

Hmmmmmmm naked chicks and chocolate, this is now my favorite thread on the HAMB!!!

26. I am def. not offended, pm the link

27. JVK54

JVK54

Good ya didn't drink over it. Having to re-do the window with a hangover woulda sucked.

28. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

let me be the first to say i checked out your chick space and enjoyed the cool pics. the black and whites are beautiful very tasteful and i was no where near offended. looking foreword to more of your posts.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If it was easy, every swinging dick would do it. Kudos for doing it and having the sense to do it right!