Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where is the Most Hot Rod friendly town ?? I need to move

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rjbeattiejrf150, Oct 5, 2012.

1. outlaw256

outlaw256

well rj i wish there really was a place we all could run to . maybe start our own town. man wouldnt that be great. man id just like to find a town that is lost in time.not just old houses but even the way they lived say 50s or 60s even the 70s but no later.where we could cruise like we used to. and all the hot girls didnt have more tats than me.! im still lookin for that place.

2. Fenders

Fenders

Oh thanks for finally explaining your concerns.... finally....

3. Oh ok you know me from others speculation, naw bro I was born and raised here since '67 I run my rod every day not weekends or special occasions, tattooed from my scootin days, it ain't a hobby to me it's LIFE

4. North or South Carolina! :D HRP

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/99RuZPCGQrg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. The people and cars in the Pacific NW can't be beat. I loved the guys up there- great scene, plenty of events in the glorious Summer, and long, drizzly winters to work on your ride. Old School car clubs still thrive, and the vibe is genuine. I lived in Tacoma, and miss it badly. If you can handle a little rain, it's the place to be.

6. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

If you dig Drag racing move to Ohio. We have more dragstrips here than anywhere else. I live near lake erie, can drive 30 minutes in any direction to go racing.

[​IMG]

Plus I got some of the coolest neighbors in the world!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  7. ravedodger

ravedodger

There's a little state called California. Hot rods are everywhere.

8. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

yea I know........tell that Hotrod Edel character out there near freemont. their is a very wicked 55 chevy in Ohio looking to blow the doors off his "pastel blue" 34 ford coupe!!!! LOL

9. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Live in a small town in west Tn (henderson ) no problem here jackson 20 miles away has several rods and slemer( Mc nairy co ) plus adamville have rod shows. Cornith,Ms has several rod shows you have pricks in ehery town but most are good to rodders around here .:D

10. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Austin has all the good stuff the other have said. It also has way too many people now, and the traffic and roads are really bad. Makes it tough on clutches, tires and suspensions. Still a great place, just gotta take the bad with the good. Oh, and please don't be one of those douche bags that moves here and complains about the club that has been here eons before you is playing the music too loud.

11. Bluedot

Bluedot

I gotta speak up for Oklahoma. Pretty laid back, more like things used to be than anywhere else I've lived. The small town I live in is 20 miles from Tulsa, little bit of Mayberry still here. Housing prices quite moderate and not subject to the huge cycles you've seen on the coasts. Wide variety of car hobbyists, no smog inspections. (Not even safety inspections, tho I think we should have those. There's some crap on the road.) Titleing and licensing are pretty easy. Gas usually among lowest in US. Cops are pretty tolerant. My son drives a '26 T and a '55 Chev gasser - both with open headers. He soft pedals when appropriate, never been hassled. I get the impression that the cops realize how much work we have in our cars, and that we drive them so as to stay out of trouble. (ie get sideways when no one is around, wink wink)
    A handful of dragstrips, including an excellent one in Tulsa. And even better, only about 1 1/2 hrs from Mokan (HAMB Drags location)
    Like some others have said for their areas, here if you drive like you should, careful where you choose to smoke 'em once in a while, things are good.
    My only complaint: they salt the roads for the least little bit of snow, tho we don't get much of that.

12. Yep I take the good with the bad, and I know how ya feel about newbies movin somewhere and wanna change stuff when they get there, I just want to live where the "scene" is alive, kinda sux being the only game in town

13. tejas34

tejas34

Northern Oklahoma or Southern Kansas! Great Cars ans car shows!:D

14. Demorestville Ontario Canada
    At one point in the late ninties we discovered it had one race car per household. The former sheriff mentioned it to me once and showed me. (Sheriff here is more like a Balif) Some drag racers, some dirt track stock cars. One drag bike and a couple of mud bog racers. You could drive through town and see the race cars parked in everyones yard or garage. Some had more than one. Still has a lot and is a nice quiet village too.
    Don

15. _________________

Agree-- nice life!!

16. How are the gas prices there? :rolleyes:

17. Merc cruzer

Merc cruzer
    from Colorado

I think it is time we get our own state with a refinery that only produces leaded gas...gas stations that still sell it for less thatn a $1.00....where every city had an old style drive in burger joint and drive-in movies...and at the edge of every city is a salvage yard...the name of the state: Cararado

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  18. fatkoop

fatkoop

Anywhere in Colorado. Nice larger cities, good small towns. Lots of car-friendly folks, plenty to do. REALLY nice climate. Great scenery.