Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage anyone else counting the days till HERSHEY? the sweetest swapmeet on earth !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

T minus 2hrs till leaving driveway. I,ll be looking for that $20 32 k member myself;)
    The super bowl of swapmeets!!!!Did I say i was excited???

2. This time tomorrow my feet will be sore:D

3. Terrence

Terrence

36 hours till I get there. I feel like I am missing out already. Getting there Thursday is like showing up to a wedding after the open bar is finished.

4. jbh

jbh

Leaving for Hershey tomorrow am. Hope to have some space in the garage on Monday. Jay

Attached Files:

5. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On the road by 5 am tommorow earlier if I can get my ass moving.

6. takid455

takid455

is boat house road open? Was closed last year for bridge work.

7. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

It's PA.. is there any road that's not being worked on?

8. noboD

noboD

Boat House rd. is open, but the parrelel road through the little village of Sand Beach is closed for bridge repair. All the tents are up, vendors in place, will be there at 8 AM. It's 57 right now, supposed to be 68 and cloudy tommoow.

9. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Should be there around 10-11am tomorrow.

10. shorts and a t-shirt!

11. Clark

Clark

Sitting here in racer's row listing to the old racers tel some great stories
    Clark

12. noboD

noboD

Scheduled to leave here at 8:00 should be there by 8:05 if the traffics not too bad.

13. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4 AM leaveig NOW! See ya there

14. Dave Gray

Dave Gray

It will take me a little longer, but I will also be there by 8 am Thurs through Saturday. See you there Doug.
    Dave

15. mink

mink
    from CT

Be there in 2hr, looks like it rained last night, strapping my boots up!

16. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

getting there bright and early tomorrow. please leave some stuff for us that can't get there today.

17. mink

mink
    from CT

1st day wasnt bad for my first hersey! I started at 11 left around 6. Power walked half of it, the blisters are painful. Well picked up my model t coupe doors. There one more set on the chocolate field. Guy wanted to much 350 to 400 each. It was fun i enjoyed running into friends. Its easy searching for large items. Ill be back tommorow. Wear snickers. Found a hotel last minute 40mins away

Sorry for the randomness, typing from phone

18. Clark

Clark

Saw a quite a few t doors at good prices...under 250

Got a set of Lyons caps today and a six inch SW Speedo with a matching quad gauge. Plus a bunch of other stuff.

Only did half of it so far

19. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

searched for some things i didnt find in my price range but i did walk out of there with another bicycle which i didnt want to happen #15 hahaha 5bucks cant go wrong . and a beat up v8 hupcap for wall art.. the hunt continues

20. sawzall

sawzall

Was... a darn good day!

21. Clark

Clark

Until someone stole your cart..... :)
    Clark

22. noboD

noboD

It was probably just full of kindleing anyway.

23. Bwahahahaha!

Have a great day, guys- hopefully, I can get back up someday soon! Oh, if anyone sees ONE (1) GM/Chevrolet 21 inch wire wheel, I could use a spare (finally found a set for the speedster)!

24. just got back, found a nos running board for my truck $100. a hand full of specialty tools, i didn't have, in a dollar pile. i met a fellow named Reed Martin that let me strum his gold plated 1923 Vega tubaphone with Glenn Carson custom neck, banjo:)
    sorry i missed you guys that stopped to sign the banner, see you next year.

25. white64

white64
    from Maine

I looked for the HAMB banner several times, still must've walked right by it!

26. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

27. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Just got done stashing all my stuff I found.I didnt see a banner ,not saying there wasnt one,just was focused on items so most likely walked right by it.

Now I have to get down to business in the shop with all this crap!!!!Had a blast this year to say the least.

28. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never saw the Banner, but most of the time I was looking for a place to sit for a couple minutes. I probably walked by it or missed that row all together . My back was junk before I left the house . I did'nt even get a chance to go up and see noboD ,that I was looking foward to. But had a great time anyhow and met JolopyramaMike (??) from the Hamb.

29. noboD

noboD

30Buford, sorry I didn't see you. As many people as I did get to talk to there were many I missed. The week goes by WAY too fast. '37Kid had a/the banner, not sure how many signed it.

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

This year I had a homemade "Banner", I'll have a proper one for 2013! Hershey went by far too quickly! I found some needed parts, bought a few things to flip. Looking back on the event it just didn't have the same feel of earlier meets, not as many Wow factor cars, or stand out deals in the flea market. See you all there in 2013! Bob