Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Ford F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

You have made great progress. Is that an old AMT kit on the hood? Or did you find something new that I should know about? My very first truck was a 60 short wide box. I've had more of them them than I can remember since. I do know I'm on my 6th panel. Only because they are harder to find. Hopefully you don't get this illness where you have to keep collecting 57 to 60 Ford pickups. I've got it so bad, that I'm looking at a 59 School bus, and a 58 Milk truck.

2. Thanks man!

haha thanks. I'll have to check out your apache

thanks

thank you, and yes its the old amt kit, I shortened the bed and converted to small back window and some other stuff. and yeah I'm already collecting fridge stuff.

3. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

i still need to get a damn thread goin for mine :eek: haha. btw i think the pearl white roof would look great on yours

4. Yeah, I'm thinking about it for sure. gotta sand my roof with some thousand grit..

5. RDR

RDR

Looking great, Jon....Good work!!

6. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Well i will be keepin an eye out to see it when it happens. Keep bustin ass, awesome to see another young guy on here with a bitchin truck

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. thishero

thishero

Great looking truck Jon, it's come a long way, you're doing a great job!

8. Blake84

Blake84

Wow just saw the pics! looks so great! I love the stance.....cant wait to see a video of it all done and driving and fired up......what a difference from page 1

9. Lookin great man!!

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

great stance!!!!!!!

11. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Dude,
    I had to cut my trans crossmember out so my 727 and headers would fit in there. Now I wish I would have removed the big rivets so I could still bolt it back in if I ever wanted to. Someday I will find a junk frame and cut that section out so I have the whole thing.

Lookin awesome!

12. Thanks man! And me too!!

Thank you

thank you

yeah its gonna be a chore getting it out..soon hopefully.

Also an update, I was told by several people how to measure how long my driveshaft needs to be. So I crawled under it and got everything measured (3x) and will be shortening it maybe this weekend and possibly making my tranny mount tomorrow.

13. desertdroog

desertdroog

Chromies and Baby Moons! Hard combo to beat. Looks great!

14. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

15. Nope...got some money saved up though to start dumping in it again.

16. Sadly the truck has been neglected. All my time has been school, Hailee, and building my moms 79 chev p/u. Did a tranny swap in it and are doing a bunch of other stuff to it and have been driving the piss out of it. Hopefully soon I'll work on my rig. lol

Attached Files:

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hope you get back at it soon! Miss your updates.

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Jon, its all about priorities, do the most important stuff first, the truck ain't going anywhere. Eli

19. I know, I just really wanna get it done..

20. keep working! i'm in the exact same spot your in right now minus the girlfriend. (just so you know they come first, no matter what.) i seem to be the only one slacking off on here if you count kustomcars. i may go install the headliner today.

21. Oh I know the lady comes first :)

22. r0yal

r0yal
    from winnipeg

Good job kid. I dig the stance of your truck. read all 24 pages, and good to see you doing all the work yourself.

23. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Lookin' great dude! Love the stance. Keep us posted.

HC.

24. sololobo

sololobo

Hip dude, yu are on the road to cool city. ~sololobo~

25. Thanks guys.

Unfortunately the chevy keeps having problems so thats being worked on first.

26. Well the Ford is stalled and the Chevy became mine and it needs work done on it, it'll be my daily. Really need to get my license soon and then go find a job.

Attached Files:

27. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

hey man i feel your pain with trying to find time. my truck pretty much sat as is for almost 2 years before i could start my build. but life is life. work hard, and keep the family and your girl at the top of your list. youll get to the truck at some point, and itll be friggin bitchin when shes all buttoned up :cool:

28. radleyhardy

radleyhardy

Love what you've done with the truck! Look forward too all your progress (two thumbs up)

29. man, i haven't done CRAP on my ride. i gotta do SOMETHING to it. luckily, me and my dad are going to go out and buy a battery for meh, see if we can get the electrical stuff hooked up. anyway, there's a new cat our age on here, with a 54' pontiac pathfinder. check him out. and keep us posted! oh yeah, and happy halloween.