Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal Help Needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddylove, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Gotta love it when a plan comes together ... eh

2. 52pig

52pig

It was a good ride Joe! I wanted to hit the highway and go! hahaha See you next weekend.

3. ron0257

ron0257

SO COOL you guys got out on the road!

4. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Yup! Just wished we shot video, but there will be plenty of time for that!

Thanks!

5. Sorry for the delay,but i'm uploading my photos right now.I'll post them in a bit...

6. Here we go..I'm terrible with names,so i'll let the photos speak for themselves...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Donuts,Peets Coffee and bagels...

[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

Joe,taking some shots of his own..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

Sean,taking a break with Joe..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They even had some time to do a little gardening..Edging the lawn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sad to say,this was my last photo of the day.I couldn't make it back on Sunday to see it all finished and Joe taking it for a spin..Hopefully someone can continue where I left off..

Makes me feel all warm inside to have watched this awesome bunch of guys put in work on this truck to make Joes dream a reality..Hats off to all involved!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammm guys fucking rule....satisfaction and fulfilment is a great reward.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can somebody pick up the torch and run with it on getting the starter swapped out? I have an emergency situation to tend to, which will keep me from getting over there.

13. XXL__

XXL__

I'd have to give that one a first-hand-experience 'hell no.'

/2 cents

And, great to see the ole' pitch-in-and-git-r-done approach!

14. 52pig

52pig

Does the starter still need to be replaced? I may be able to make it over, but it may be dark by the time I get across the bridge. I could drive into work tomorrow and head over afterwards, if this is needed let me know.

I'll push that truck into the show if it came down to it!

Ed, thanks for the pictures. Almost makes it look like I was doing some work.

15. LFS11

LFS11

I can get over there either afternoon as well. Do we have everything we need or do I need to pick anything up?
    Let me know.
    Lee

16. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

I'm getting the starter once the meds kick in which should be about 11:00.

The starter wasn't in the Oakland warehouse, it had to come from Union City hence the delay.

17. 52pig

52pig

Let me know if it doesn't go in today, I'll come over when I can if need be. Hopefully it will be pretty straight forward.

18. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Cool, thanks. Miles will be home around 2:00 so if I can't get it in by then, he'll be able to help.

Thanks!

19. mlagusis

mlagusis

I can come by tomorrow at 3:30 pm if you need a hand with anything. Just let me know on here or call/text 925-305-9326

Matt

20. Thank you gentleman you guys are the best.

21. This is the first time I've seen this thread. I'm honored to be associated with you damned bunch of hoodlums! GOOD job!! Seriously, you're all real good folk!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  22. LFS11

LFS11

Joe just let us know and we'll be over.

23. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

I picked up the starter and a pack of shims.

I'll go by around 2:00 when Miles gets off work to help him with the install.

24. 52pig

52pig

Right on, let us know how it comes out.

25. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

I know the H.A.M.B. is full of good people like we have witnessed in this thread, but damn it still makes you go 'wow' when a pile of guys you don't know are willing to get some shit done in the clutch. Right on guys!

Hey Joe, I'm Tim's neighbor Mike, looks like you guys were able to use the single jack, that thing came back all sorts of filthy:D Awesome!

I gave Tim a call this morning and let him know that gimpyshotrods wouldn't be able to make it.

So if Miles is not available or other things get fubar'd we can head on over from C.V. and give you a hand probably sometime after 4P.M. I'll give Tim a call and see what the plan is in a few.

26. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Great, thanks. I'm at Miles' now but he's not here. I sent him a text and I'm waiting to hear back.

27. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

Talked to Tim, he said he doesn't have your number, but will/did talk to the other Joe(?) and let him know.

28. 51PanelMan

51PanelMan

How did I miss this thread? I would have definitely offered to trailer the truck to my place in San Jose. I have a big driveway that can house five cars. Plus, I have three compressors, tons of jack stands, jacks and large tool box full of tools. Moreover, there are three auto parts stores within a mile of my house.

I'm sorry I missed out on this opportunity to help. I also wouldn't have mind to learn how to install a disc brake kit, as I plan to do this on my 51. I am glad that other HAMBers kicked in to help.

29. LFS11

LFS11

How did it go this aft? I can be out there tomorrow or thurs if needed. I know we're workin on a weekend deadline.