Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from the middle of Kansas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Falcon Sprint, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

Hi, my name is Phillip.

While researching on the internet for my current car, and past projects, I found that I was being directed to this site often. I kept getting good info and insight, so it was obvious that I needed to join.

I currently own a '63 Falcon Sprint convertible.

I understand it isn't as old or cool as most of the rides on this site, but I like to think it just barely fits on the tail end. Let me explain. There is a very cool car show in Wichita called "Rumble in Delano". They don't allow cars newer than '63, which definitely excludes muscle cars such as Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, etc. This year the started to accept newer cars, but only if it was slammed, flamed, highly modified etc.

That sounds like what this site is all about, am I right?

I have lowered it by cutting one full coil and doing the upper control arm drop that Shelby did on the early Mustangs. I am using Bilstein shocks by swapping the shocks mounts out with '65/66 Mustangs mounts. I upgraded to 14" wheels, powder coated and using '57 T-bird wheel covers. The dual exhaust is running standard glass-packs with '66 Mustang resonators.

Right now is has a stock 260 V8 with a 2-speed Ford-o-Matic. I already have a C4 to stick in it and would love to go with tri-power someday.

So, nothing over the top here, I am trying to keep it "Old School" or "Period Correct" and do mods that somebody in the 60's might have done too it. Right now I'm just having fun driving it. My family and I drove it to Louisville, Ky for Falcon Nats this summer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Mustang I sold to buy the Falcon. It was nice, but there are a lot of nice Mustangs out there. I wanted something different.

[​IMG]

2. RH2795

RH2795

Welcome from New York. Nice Falcon.

3. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Greetings from Tulsa.

4. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

Welcome from the edge of Nebraska. Do a lot of surfing around there?:D

5. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

I bought that board (in Maui) just for shows. It never fails to get comments strapped to the top of a car in the middle of nowhere Kansas. I mainly do it for the kids though, I love their reactions.

6. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Welcome from Salina...The Rumble in Delano is a fun run...been there several times. OH...and by the way...NICE RIDE!!

7. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

Welcome from Sherman TX!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Mineral Wells Tx your falcon is just as cool as any Ride on the site always remember that

9. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments.
    I sold my "every day" Mustang and bought my Falcon because it was different than any other car at the shows around here. I am from the early 60's, and I seem to appreciate the whole early 60's culture, especially the cars.
    Both women and men dressed sharper and with more style; the hair-dos, the glasses and hats, the skinny pants and ties. And the cars had more style; more chrome and details, whitewalls, brighter color interiors and cool accessories.
    Some people, including my father in-law, don't see why I sold the Mustang and bought the Falcon. They still like the Mustang better. Who cares? If they liked the car so much they should have bought it!
    When I'm cruisin' down the road, with the top down (or up, it doesn't matter) listening to the tunes comin' through the single speaker in the dash of my AM radio (with vintage FM converter) and the V8 notes comin' from the rear of the car ... life doesn't get much sweeter for me.
    I spend most of my spare time going to car shows, but anymore I enjoy the ride to and from, more. And for some strange reason, I keep picking shows farther away.

10. My first, and only, new "car",,a '63 Futura 'vert. 260/4 speed, with some bolt on stuff, got it up to 139 at Bonneville in '65.
    Your's is super clean, looks great, it sure is RED,,:D----Welcome

11. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

That is too cool! I don't suppose you have any old pics from the 'flats that you can scan and post??

Do you remember what all you "bolted on"?

12. Welcome from the eastern edge of Kansas! Nice red Fords!

13. Welcome from another Falcon guy. I have a 1-family 61 4-door wagon with a 170 (planned for a 302 swap) like in Veach's avatar. My 18 year old son has a '64 sedan 4-door 260.
    [​IMG]

14. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Welcome from Newton, KS!

15. DozerMek

DozerMek
    from Chapman,KS

Welcome from Chapman. Damn nice falcon!

16. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

Welcome from Dexter, Michigan. Again, nice Falcon

17. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC, beautiful Falcon you have!

18. Welcome From CT! Can you use that surfboard in a tornado?
    [​IMG]

19. tjmercury

tjmercury

Welcome from NE, OK, and nice upgrade from the mustang to the faclon, that"s one clean little birdy!!!

20. Hello from SEK. Nice Falcon