Register now to get rid of these ads!

Supercharged Ford heads?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6bblbird, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

Came across a Y block that has been sitting for over 50 years. The plan was to use the engine in a hot rod project. After checking the casting #s on the heads (prefix EDB-D ) it turns out that these are 1957 supercharged heads.
    Do any Ford experts here have an idea as to how rare (valuable) they might be? Any help would be appreciated.
    WF

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

1957 Ford 312 supercharged,their top performance engine, made one year only. Total number of cars built, in the hundreds. 100 had to be built to qualify as "stock" for NASCAR. Later 196 supercharged Thunderbirds were built plus the engine was optional in all other Fords. I don't know the total built but would guess less than 1000.

Not being a Ford fan I can't put a figure on it but would think anything for a 57 Ford supercharged 312 would be very valuable and desirable to a colector.

3. Hollow Head

Hollow Head
    from Finland

4. Normbc9

Normbc9

Talk to the Yblock guy in Exeter, CA. He is the foremost guru I know of with those applications. I have a Yblock 340 we race regularly but use a set of highly modified Ford factory 312 "E" Code (dual quads) engine and it runs great. He does have a website using this name.
    Normbc9

5. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

Thanks for the answers. I hope that we can find someone that needs them.
    WF

6. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

They would be worth more to 57 T-bird restorers then racers now that there are good after market heads available for racers

7. 65COMET

65COMET

You could try posting them on the Y-Block forum at , ford-y-block.com .There is a y-block thread on here by Tim McMaster called Y-not a Y block,he has a y-block powered dragster and a y-block powered land speed racing truck. ROY.

8. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

I'm sure of that. I know from my own experience how important the right parts and part numbers can be.
    WF