Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newport Hillclimb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slowforty, Sep 22, 2012.

1. slowforty

slowforty

Newport Hillclimb/Oil Smoke Nationals
    Newport Indiana
    Oct 5 6 7
    Anyone Going???

2. ibarodder

ibarodder

I will be there Sat. for sure.

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Yes, our usual gang of hooligans will be there Sat and Sun.

4. slowforty

slowforty

5. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I hear one real fast hudson is coming.

6. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I will be there with my '36 Dodge pickup Saturday and Sunday. First time I've had the truck there since '08. The six puked out in '09. I used to run the hill, it is so much fun! Anyone with a stocker before '42, I highly recommend it. For this one weekend a month, I wish my truck still had the flathead six. But the rest of the year, I love this hemi! I'll be parked in the show car section, wishing I was in line, facing the light tree, before that high hill.

7. dan sutton

dan sutton

Hey 36 Dodge...see you there. Be drivin the ole '48 Chevy truck in Texaco clothes. Not a hill climber but would not miss this event for the world!

8. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

I went as a spectator for the first time thought it was great. I will be going back

9. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

My parents have been going since around 2004 or 5. All my dad has talked about for years is running the hill. His 31 Hupp is way too modified so this year I offered him my Packard to give it a shot.

My parents waiting in the staging lanes.
    [​IMG]

This little 32 Pontiac had a RARE original V8. Only pic I could get all weekend. It had a crowd around it the whole time.
    [​IMG]

This thing was just.... well... wow! 4 wheel steer and all....
    [​IMG]

LeSalle beside me in the staging lanes had a pretty good paint job.
    [​IMG]

Almost there......
    [​IMG]

Woo Hoo.... I'm next.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  10. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Dammit! I wish I would have found this thread before I went.Would have been cool to meet you guys.

Every Hudson is fast.

36DodgeRam, you have raced here before, you understand what I went through all weekend. There is absolutely no way to see everything going on in town from the staging lanes. Next year I'll be setting with you at the car show with my Dads 31 Hupp. He can brave the hill in my Packard. Lets face it, I ran the shit out of his cars when I was younger. Next year he can run the shit out of mine.

11. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Here is a video of my pass. I had a car load on my final trial run. Best run of the weekend. If you look close you can see my H.A.M.B firewall tag on my glove box door in the lower right corner of the video at the end. I was one of the newest cars there. Over 300 pre war cars raced balling tires up that hill for two days. Right after the finish line on that run, look at my dads face. Worth every bit of planning to put him on the hill. Next year he's driving.
    <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r1j8LdWF_FU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012