Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eagle Field from a Flat point of view oct 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Well another Eagle Field drags are in the books and a great time was had by those who wanted a great time. Thanks to Rocky and all who put the time and effort in to make this a great time for all who show up.... see ya next time!!!!!
    And a special thanks to Joe for even allowing us to spread some rubber on his airstrip!!!!!!
    anyway enjoy............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

even if you only come to see the flyover its worth it.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. and of course when you are in your eighty's whats better than getting in the Evil Twin and going for a ride!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a special thanks to Rocky for letting this 67 year old teenager also get a ride in the Evil Twin, an experience I will long treasure, what a blast!!!!!!!

Tim was there with his Y-Block and "CREW"........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Amy gets the wheels up in the air...
    [​IMG]

so all in all another great event......................

4. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Carl, it looks like a ball. Wayno

5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic Carl! Outstanding job on your FED, been following over on that thread. Looks like great fun.

6. Glad you all had a great day!
    I must say I envy you having all the friends with flathead power.
    Tis lonely here with the big six. Must be fun to have similar powered cars to race.
    Thanks for the Pics
    Don and the lads from Picton Airfield

7. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Wish I lived a bit closer! looks to have been real good!

8. Weasel

Weasel

Was that Elmer 'Unsprung' Snyder up to his old tricks again? He's 86 years young and still racing and chasing skirt - way to go Elmer - what a guy!!!

9. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Great racing. It's cool to hear flatheads, y blocks, hemis, and all sorts of 6's running WOT.

10. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

I can't even express the gratitude for helping us out yesterday.

I was really looking forward to racing you, but it looks like it will wait for another day.

But man.... Being able to drive the evil twin... THAT is a blessing in disguise!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. Yea D it was a real pleasure for Jack and I to spend the two days with you Bill, Amy, and your buddy with the neat 4. Man what a great day. Got the trans out today and it don't look good, rebuild time, so oh well time to add the trans brake and a few upgrades so its bullet proof......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Weasel

Weasel

^^^Carl did that scoundrel Elmer make a pass in the twin engined FED????

13. Carl did that scoundrel Elmer make a pass in the twin engined FED????

See post 3 thats................... Elmer......my hero!!!!

14. jd52cranbrook

jd52cranbrook
    from Newark, CA

Was there with another flatty,,, not quite as quick I'm afraid, but still lots of fun. I had the 52 Plymouth, was a blast.

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

We are heading back to Oregon as we speak. Had an absolute blast. Rocky did an amazing job, and we were very thankful for all the hospitality our club was shown. Thanks again rocky, we will see you at the next one, next time we will bring bring even more members and cars-we had an amazing time!

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks for posting the pics Carl for us guys that can't be there, Tho I checked it's ONLY a 28 hour drive for me:(, I'll have to save up a few bucks:confused: to make the trip sometime, Tim Jones

17. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Its WELL worth it! Its only 7 hours for us but we wont miss it.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like fun.

19. afaulk

afaulk

What do I miss about Calif? See Above. Green with envy in Alabama. Oh by the way Carl, I picked up an 8BA last week, will order tubing soon but project won't really get going for awhile. Engine is supposedly out of a 52 Pickup.

20. racejam

racejam
    from Clovis, CA

Thank you Carl for letting my son sit in you car. He had a blast his first time at the races.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Heck yeah, great times all around!! I know it's a flat thread, but damn was that little four QUICK! I ran against him with Rocky's single engine FED, and he got the jump, but I had a damn good time! Glad you got to spin the tires on the TWIN, one day I'll work my way up to the "big boy toys!"

22. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Oh, and that flyover was AWESOME!!!

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    Ah what the hell astrozombie, I didn't know you were there! Would have loved to have met ya man! Next time??

24. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Crap!! I didn't know you were there either!! Yeah, I had the Black Jeep with the goofy triangle camper. I was right behind Carl in the "pits" and was running Rocky's single engine dragster all day. (I'm surprised you didn't notice me, I was the guy with huge stupid smile on my face all day!!)

25. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I had a GoPro strapped to the dragster too, I'm about to start a thread since I can't find a dedicated Eagle Field photo thread, and don't want to hijack others threads... (Like we haven't already!) Sorry Carl!!

26. Eagle Field photo thread, and don't want to hijack others threads... (Like we haven't already!) Sorry Carl!!

No problem this is open to all who want to share.................

Racejam...Thank you Carl for letting my son sit in you car. He had a blast his first time at the races.

Love having the younger people get a chance to do something they may never get to do plus ifn I can get just one to take it up later in life than I will be pleased.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

27. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

We were admiring your camper all day. Love to get one of those. Our buddy Don had the 4 banger rear engine dragster and had a blast running you.

Great meeting you!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

28. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Hey thanks, good meeting you guys as well! Damn that little car was FAST!!

The camper is crazy, it's a rental from the Navy base. It sets up and tears down really quick, and is surprisingly very roomy. We tent camped one time, but my back can't take that crap anymore. Rental camper it is!!

29. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

I drove 125 miles from Sacramento to watch the Eagle Field drag races. They were great and I'll go again next year. If you like dragsters from the 50s and 60s, Eagle Field is the place to go. Rocky and his staff organized the event very well and the starters did an excellent job of running the cars thru quickly without delays.