Register now to get rid of these ads!

my t roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thathotrodkid, Sep 21, 2012.

1. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

i welded the door tops all up took forever with the heat . but well worth it and a nice relaxing day at the garage with some tunes. now that there all welded up i will get out the flapper disc and metal finish them nice and smooth. i took a couple pictures of the welds im still geting used too the new welder but all in all i dont think the welds are too bad .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

very cool project... keep the pics coming....

3. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

sorry for the delay guys here are a few updates. i split my wishbones split my rear spring and took a few leafs out of it . i also torched apart what was left of a 46 ford sedan for breaks and other parts i need i will be running the 46 banjo rear as well i took a few pictures in the process !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  4. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

splitting the spring was a pretty easy task. i used two c- clamps too hold the leafs and take the pressure off the nut. then once i had the bolt and nut out i turnd the c clamps equal amounts till i had all the pressure off the leafs. i did the same when i put it back together clamps first then bolted it up.

PLUS I STILL HAVE MY FINGERS !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

hardware will be on the way time too put this drive train together . then get some square tube and tackle the body .

6. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

started puting the frame together too get a roller . once i have my new front spring i can weld all the mounts up and start mounting the engine. so i can get a good idea on how i want my body grill radiator and other things too be placed . so far ive ben right on track with my goal of having engine mounted and body on by christmas. as well as having my dads 62 galaxie painted and going back together .

[​IMG]