Register now to get rid of these ads!

what was the last model car you built.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Oct 5, 2012.

1. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

I have been building model cars for a while now but I have not built one for ages. So what was your last model you have built? So please picture away!

The model below is a AMT 1934 ford coupe with the roof chopped off. I was trying to build it like this car seen at Bonneville speed week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. aircap

aircap

That was back in the late 70's..... so I don't remember what the model was.
    Now, then.... I have modded a couple Hot Wheels into salt racers.
    Does that count?

3. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

It's been a long time for me, too. Maybe I'll start again when I retire.

One of my favorites and I actually built this kit three times in different ways was this one:

[​IMG]

4. Cerberus

Cerberus

Last model car I built was a 1959 Cadillac. I had a real '59 Cadillac 4-door in the garage at the time. I wanted to shorten it, and make it a two door, with a rag top. The '59 Cad had the most outlandish tailfins of all Detroiters. See the model I modified.

Attached Files:

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I still have the car models I built in the 1960's, and the ones I started and never finished. I moved on to real cars I've never finished. Bob

6. My model car bench was so fubar, I recently put all my projects away and cleaned it up from A-Z.

Got a '40 Ford going now, making it into the original AMT box art replica.

Bob

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

last actual finished model? That would be the old Monogram 32 Roadster, I tend to have up to 10-15 projects on the go and very few finished models. Guess I just enjoy building rather than the finished product!

This kit.......
    [​IMG]

Finished product, this was just a quick build and lacks the finer detail.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doc.

8. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Finished this '58 about 6 months ago. I kept the skirts removeable and I can swap the rear bumpers for the continental kit. I just can't decide what wheels to run, so I might just leave them un-glued so I can swap them out!

Polished Torq Thrusts and wide whites
    [​IMG]

Starburst caps (too big- look like 17's)
    [​IMG]

Wires and 2 bar knock off's
    [​IMG]

AE 200s' or 'Daisys'
    [​IMG]

Chrome reverse
    [​IMG]

Chevy caps
    [​IMG]

Keystone Klassics
    [​IMG]

Lancer style caps
    [​IMG]

Rear Shot
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

AWB Chevy II gasser i did at about the same time. Arias blown Hemi and Radirs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Paint

Paint

59 Impala about 5 years ago.

Attached Files:

11. Built this one about 10 years ago.

[​IMG]

12. 46stude

46stude

I just finished up an AMT '58 Impala for the Model Builders social group's latest HAMB Build-Off. There should be a post up soon with all of the entries & a poll to pick your favorites.

13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I stopped building models when I got my driver's license, 50 years ago...

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Sorry about the lame pic.These I have at work ..

[​IMG]

15. robber

robber

This is the last one that I never built:rolleyes: Its still in the box, from 1963:cool:

Attached Files:

16. boldventure

boldventure

Posted this one before but here it is again :p

Attached Files:

17. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Last one I finished was a Datsun 510 for a coworker about 7-8 years ago. I used to build constantly,but gradually lost interest as I went through my 20's. I still like them and appreciate the work that goes into them. I just don't have the patience or desire to do them myself. I still have a few kicking around and all my tools should one of my boys get interested. For me they were access to the car hobby before I was old enough to have the real thing. My dad wasn't a car guy so all I could do was build and dream. My boys have access to the hobby hands on from the beginning.

Devin

18. Deuces

Deuces

You could buy this kit new with the vintage box art... Just visit: www.revell.com Enjoy!..;)

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I only built AMT models in the mid 60's and early 70's. My last one built was a 40 Ford Sedan Delivery. good times

20. Toner283

Toner283

Where did you get those Radirs? They look really good.

21. luciomduran

luciomduran

22. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

Been stuck on a couple....got the Black Widow T almost done and have started on a '37 Ford pickup with a Poncho V8.

I need to finish building up a paint booth so I can paint again, but there's always something else to do. Plus evenings aren't as open as they used to be. Sigh.

23. 34 five window...chopped.

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ha ha ha. Story of my life right there...:rolleyes:

25. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Boy, do I have model cars started! (began collecting again at my shop, around 1976: a new customer had bought a '32 roadster, couldn't 'see' my concept drawings. {some folks don't have perception like the rest of us do}
    Anyway, I stopped in the hobby shop in Campbell, D&J, and picked up a Monogram '32 roadster.

Big surprise when I got home: Damned thing had frame & fenders molded together! (had to saw the fenders off, then mock up the rest for Deuce rails)
    I had it finished & painted, with the help of a '53 Ford F100 kit...Yeah, 3 days of it and I was Back into Modeling!
    (after a 12 year hiatus)
    The Deuce customer droppen in the following week, I showed him the model, and he literally jumped up and down. "That's exactly it!"
    That $4.95 Monogram netted me just shy of $3K, less than a week's work; and my buddy Moe painted it.
    Von Franco was at my shop then, I had bought a basket case '33 pickup to do a shop truck. Franco gifted me a classic collector's kit of the AMT '34 pickup! I still have it, and it has been re-released from Lindberg.
    The AMT 'tool' had gone in for repair, then a change in mgm't lost the whereabouts of said 'tool'. Lindberg execs discovered it at the machinist's place and made an offer...

I had the bug again...so I started buying, to build later...New and reissued kits were coming back in waves...I have most everything, some as many as 6,7...primarily 1963 and older. (T's, A's, '32's...and on to '50s)
    I was stoked with the Revell move to correct '32s. 3 window, then the Highboy roadster. '32 Five window, then Tudor sedan. Everything so scale, they are interchangable as the real ones.

Last one I did was an AMT '27 highboy tub, atop '32 rails...like my 1:1.
    Really want to build, but it takes time. (to clean my bench) LOL

26. abc123

abc123

27. Koz

Koz

I built Roths' "Tweety Pie". My brother smashed it and that was the end.... about 1965 or so.

28. Deuces

Deuces

Buy a new kit!... www.revell.com Enjoy!:)

29. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Built the Creepy T several years ago. Ever since then I always wanted a T bucket. ;)

[​IMG]

30. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

here is the last few I built I think it has been about 4 years. I wish I had more time to build them but between working on real cars and school there just isn't any time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]