Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Buick serial/vin location?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M@, Oct 5, 2012.

1. M@

M@
    from Altus OK

I am working on getting the title on my new project, i have a vin/serial on the driver a-pillar, and the data tag on fire wall. What i am looking for is a pic of the location of the tag on the a-pillar from another '52 Buick, mine is a 2door no post car, but everything i read on buicks is vauge on location of the tag mine is low by the lower door hinge. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Mine is on the drivers side door jamb in the front between the hinges

3. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Maybe I'm not reading it right, but I am confused. You have a vin plate on the car. Data tag on the fire wall, but you want a picture of some one elses? My 56 Buick has them in same location you described.

4. M@

M@
    from Altus OK

Just trying to make sure the plate on the a pillar im looking at is the correct plate, i always understood it as the vin would be up high on the a, wing vent area, but maybe not on buick? I do know on early 50s chevys its higher on the a, with a plate stamped with "chevrolet" and the vin, the plate i have is plain with just the number, i will put a pic of mine up tomorrow at least maybe somebody can tell me if it looks right or not

5. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Mine too and it's a 45R series. That's the Special 2dr hardtop, baby Riviera.

6. M@

M@
    from Altus OK

Mine is a 45R, here is a pic of car and the vin location. Also anybody know if there is a place that makes/sells rust repair panels? Mostly looking for quarter patches pass. Side on my car is rough.

Attached Files:

7. BJR

BJR

On my 49 Buick the frame is also stamped. It takes a mirror to see it but it is on the passenger side behind the rear end on the top of the frame about a foot in front of where the bumper attaches. I have also seen the numbers in the same place but on the drivers side.

8. M@

M@
    from Altus OK

In the 1st pic vin is close to lower hinge

Attached Files:

9. Lower on Buicks.

10. Mine was a 52 Special Deluxe 4 dr. Here it is on that car. Hard to see but it's there. On the A pillar in front of the vent window.

Attached Files: