Register now to get rid of these ads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by papawlambert, Oct 6, 2012.

1. papawlambert

papawlambert
    from poetry,tx

I have had an interest in hot rods since the 50s and have been in the car business since 1968.
    I noticed an older article about Eddie Miller and his lakester. I had the privilege of knowing Eddie for several years when he was an engineer for Rockwell International. Eddie was an incredible man. When he was working aluminum body panels he would say when the back side of the body panels looked good, the outside would be good. When he was teaching me how to gas weld sheet aluminum he would get behind me and reach around and grab my hands. He would tell me what to look for in the heated metal and move my hands for me. He was a great teacher. I watched him redo his Aluminum bodied roadster at his home. It looked like an Austin Healy, but had a Studebaker FH 6 and the transmission was a bunch of sun gears actuated by solenoids. The frame looked to be made from square tubing, but he formed it from sheet metal. He even rolled the tapered tubing for his exhaust headers. Eddie was so particular that when he used my Heli Coil tools for his spark plugs he was very careful to index all the plugs the same way.
    I'm sure Eddie's son in Calif has the Healy and could provide photos and the story. I was told it was the design used to build the Austin Healy 3000. The Austin Healy club in Dallas would probably have answers to that as he was an active member.
    Has any body shown photos of the car he helped design for Peter Revson called the Scarab. I believe Eddie designed the Desmo valved 4 cyl engine for it.
    I have a lot of fond memories of Eddie.

2. Cerberus

Cerberus

You skipped a step. Suppose to do an intro first as a new member. Right above where we start a new thread is the Introduce yourself bar.

3. papawlambert

papawlambert
    from poetry,tx

What else do you need?
    Are you familiar with this?

[​IMG]

4. greenracer

greenracer
    from sequim wa

Id like pics of how that tach drive connects to the crank. I have one and am missing that part. Thanks Jim

5. papawlambert

papawlambert
    from poetry,tx

Jim,
    After I located this engine, adaptor with old Cad-LaSalle trans, and quick change I contacted Don Carrasco, I believe that was his name. Don lives in Calif. He picked up all the pieces and another set of Ardun head assemblies. I believe Don was involved with developing the replica Ardun heads. I'm sorry that I can't help you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]