Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats this worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BlownMopar71, Oct 6, 2012.

1. BlownMopar71

BlownMopar71

100% original unmolested ! 426 cross ram

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

If your not sure of the price then i guess its cheap huh?

3. adams27

adams27

Just a guess; it's worth some coin. Sweet find! If you're buying, offer $500. See what happens.

4. 73RR

73RR

...just the intake or the complete engine? I'll take three of them...

Check with the guys over at Moparts.com for value. They play with this stuff every day.

5. BlownMopar71

BlownMopar71

It's complete ! Fuel pump, carbs ,intake ,oil pan and 6 bolt valve covers on four bolt heads .

6. 62rebel

62rebel

i'll give ya $100 cash fer it if you'll pay shipping.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sure could be flipped for some '32 Ford money.

8. Who said it was a Hemi?

9. My bad, rough night last night :(

10. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

If you have a 71 runner, chances are you know what its worth so why dont you just say hey look at what I know where is instead of another stupid whats this worth question when you already know....Hell its worth about 35 bucks at the damn scrap yard for all I care, it will never look as good as an old flattie dressed up.....Jim

11. Deuces

Deuces

I'd build an early '60's Super/Stock Dodge around that motor and paint the car red... I'd probably give it to my mom to play with... :D

12. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a cleaner version of that motor.....

Attached Files:

13. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

We all know what is worth.

14. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

never been much of a MoPar guy,but my guess is a 426 wedge in any knd of condition would be worth some serious bank

15. Deuces

Deuces

So, what ol' Dodge did the motor come out of????...

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I trip over one is it worth a grand? Could I make any money on the lump? Bob :confused:

17. OP, you buying that or selling that??? Serious question.

18. BlownMopar71

BlownMopar71

Buddy of mine has it and want to know what it's worth!

19. the shadow

the shadow

$8-$10K in this market depending on the year and possible stage's of options (stageI,II intake etc)

20. marxjunk

marxjunk
    from KCMO

i was thinking 10-15k

21. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

WOW! I think you both are seriously high on your estimates, I am thinking more like 3500, what you have to keep in mind is that engine will not be a numbers matching engine for the car it goes in, now if you were to find the car it went to then that would make the value of it that much more, I know of everal 426 hemi's complete, now they are 66 dated engines but I can buy them all day long for 10 grand, so there is no way a wedge motor is worth that. If you are just looking for a wedge engine to go in a car for a thimper a 440 is a much better engine anyways, use a 76 or so block with the external webing, then use a 69 steel crank and aftermarket parts for the rest of it, aluminum heads and such, you cant beat that setup, you can buy the crossram intake new if you want that look but unless you are going to be running it W.O.T. all the time that setup sucks. I ran nothing but mopar for many years, had a collection of some of the rarest and finest out there just got tired of the federtag decoders, that galen govier worship crowd and everyone wanting to nitpick the cars into the ground when I stopped to get gas, so I sold all of mine and got into the custome again, that is what I grew up with, but I do know the mopars very well and that engine is just not worth that much money. Rare? Yes, desireable? not as much as you would think when it comes right down to it. Jim

22. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Its worth what you pay to have it...

23. indygasser

indygasser

drather have a 409,,,,,,just say'n:D

24. To some guys, nothing. To others, an arm, a leg, and/or a left nut.

25. 73RR

73RR

Not trying to pick a fight, but..... Until 1966 Mopes did not tie the Car ID (it was not a VIN code until 1968 or so) to the engine so it is entirely possible to build a Max Wedge car that will be correct. Not original, but correct.

And if you actually have access to complete 426 engines for 10k a pop then you really should let the rest of us in on the info. In fact, I'll pay you a $500 finders fee if I can buy a complete 1966 426 Hemi for 10k.

26. The 426 came both ways, both engines ran or run out real well. The Hemi heads can be adapted to the wedge block if you need the shock value but I never thought that they were necessary. They are a masterpiece as engines go.

I would think that even a core would be pretty valuable as engines go. By comparrison the last set of 426 heads I foundm they were max wedge heads were priced @ 700 bucks @ the time I could buy tricked out 440 heads for about 300-400 bucks if that is any help.

If I could land it for 500-1000 I would think that I got a deal, even if it was in need of attention.

On a side note if I could not hear it run and take a look at the gauges before I bought it I would not bolt it in and run it I would pull it down for inspection. If it was in good shape it would cost me the price of a set of gaskets for piece of mind.

27. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

You have a PM on the hemis, I can load you up man!, and you are correct on the vin numbers, they started that in 68 on the bellhousing flange on the hemi cars and on the lower flange along the oil pan on all others, however the date codes on the engine will match the cars, as will the carbs, the fuel pump, the brackets, ect. so it is very hard to do one correct. Jim

28. Of course none of that is real important unless you are restoring a mopar, nothing wrong with that but a person like me would be perfectly happy with an upgraded earlier car as a numbers matching restoration. Its all about going fast in my world. ;)

29. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

That is what I got into, my wife was driving a 71 shaker hood cuda and Idrove a 69 superbee, both of our cars were factory 383 cars, both of them I pulled the 383's out of and put 440's in them, I was always told by everyone how I had ruined the cars by doing that, I said hows that, they are my cars and they runbetter now, fuck em! I did what I wanted with my cars, and mopar numbers people hated that, and I got shit for it all the time, the "dont you know what that car is worth"! Crap when I would smoke the tires on my wifes cuda, or when I was driving my bee back and forth to work in the rain, hell they were cars, I did what they were meant to do, I drove them, so did she, every day! That is just what we are going to do with the cars we have now when they are done, drive the hell out of them! Jim

30. @cf nutcase - What would make a car with this engine "matching numbers" is is the date codes on ALL of the engine and transmission components are prior to the date on the fender tag. As stated above by 73RR, the VIN was stamped on the trans pan rail and the block oil pan rail starting with 1968MY cars, so that is not a player here for a potential buyer.

I would value that complete assembly, and this is assuming it is ALL complete, to include linkages, pulleys, brackets, air cleaners, coil, engine mounts, correct exhaust manifolds...THEN you are looking at somewhere between $7,500 and $12,500. If not, adjust price lower.