Register now to get rid of these ads!

F1 Crossmember and unsplit bones

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klawockvet, Aug 30, 2012.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has anyone used an unsplit wishbone with an F1 Crossmember in an AV8?

2. Kiwifruit

Kiwifruit

I have sort of done this one my roadster, couldn't find (read afford) a 32 or 34/34 wishbone so I split a 39 wishbone & welded on a yoke from a Model A front wishbone, have made a bracket to mount off the F1 crossmember.
    see the link below for my build thread (need to update it) or better yet do a search for Chris' Model A roadster build or Elrods coupe build threads

3. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Kiwifruit, thats exactly what I was looking for. Would 34 bones have worked as well as the modified 39? I'd love a picture of the crossmember and wishbone mount along with any details you might have.

4. There is a build by AV8Dave I believe where he built a nice AV8 with an unsplit wishbone and F1 crossmember, I think it may be in the tech archive.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

I think Chris did on his pickup. Check his build.

6. I did it with 33-34 bones, a totally modified 32-34 big truck crossmember and the f1.

[​IMG]

7. Elrod

Elrod

Here's mine... 32 bones. F1 Crossmember

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thunderbirdesq likes this.

8. Here's mine in my old roadster, used a 33-34 wishbone and the bottom portion of a 33-34 center saddle. Very easy and worked great

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. anteek

anteek

What crossmembers other than '33-'34 have a piece suitable for using?

10. tysond

tysond

How much caster are you guys getting with this setup? I've got mine mocked up at 5 degrees and it's sitting way lower than the ones pictured. I'm thinking I'll have to adjust the wishbone to get anything decent.

11. Mine measures 7 degrees in my picture. It's looks a fair bit lower than the ones the other guys posted.