Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal Help Needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddylove, Sep 28, 2012.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anytime on Saturday is fine for me, at the above mentioned location. I will bring brake line tools. I have a full-shop's worth of tools in a storage unit, not far off of The Island, in case we are missing anything. We will need regular hand tools, combo wrenches, sockets, etc.

2. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Hi,

Oldwagonlover, who is taking the lead on this project, has informed me that they will be working on the truck at a different location in Alameda. Once I have the exact address, I'll let you know.

Stay tuned for more details!

Thanks everyone,
    BDL

3. 52pig

52pig

Sounds good. I have a lil' box full of hand tools, it's been enough for me to do quite a bit. I can throw some extras in my car on the way over. How about jack and stands? I have plenty of those too.

If there is any last minute needs on Friday, let me know I can stop by the shop on the way over in the morning. It's on my way across the bridge.

4. mlagusis

mlagusis

Already had plans to go to Eagle Drags this Saturday and have committed to driving someone out there.

Keep us posted if you guys don't finish this weekend. Coming over Mon-Fri from 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm works best for me. Maybe there will be some finishing up to do after this weekend.

5. ron0257

ron0257

I stumbled on this today. I don't have a ton of knowledge, but I can turn a wrench. I'd be happy to pitch in Saturday, if you don't think you've already got people climbing over each other. Not too far away in Menlo Park. Ron

6. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Thanks, Ron. Thanks to everyone else as well!

7. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Here is the latest update for everyone who is interested in helping out. I have arranged a group of people to meet at 710 Buena Vista ave. in Alameda, CA 94501 this Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. until about 5 p.m. I believe that should do it.
    If you want to help out give me a call (510) 427-0488 or show up.
    Thanks,
    Joe Phillips

8. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

My wife just took a look at this thread and almost came to tears. So was so surprised and touched by your generosity and caring. She's an amazing woman and you'll be able to meet her Saturday! She's looking forward to meeting you all.

9. Thanks guys there will be a special place for you all in heaven!

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See you all there!

11. 52pig

52pig

Looking forward to it. Thanks to Joe for getting it together.

See you all on the island.

aka Sean

12. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

HAMB Power! HOOOO . . . . . . . . . . .

13. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Okie dokie, the truck will be heading over there later is afternoon or evening. See you all at about 8:30 tomorrow with breakfast goodies. Is pizza okay for lunch?

Thanks again!
    Joe

14. 52pig

52pig

It's perfect Joe, we're just looking forward to getting another cool old ride on the street and helping a fella out.

See you tomorrow bright and early!

15. Someone take pictures

16. 52pig

52pig

It may be hot over there, might have the shirt off;)

17. Since it looks like the mechanical stuff is taken care of,I was going to offer to document the day for those who can't make it....Lemme know

18. 52pig

52pig

I say do it Spank, I may hit Eric's afterward.

19. derbydad276

derbydad276

Wow +1 to all involved !!!!

20. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

So many great guys on here.....It's just amazing to see to see this all come together.

21. Sean,i'll be there..Wanna meet somewhere and roll over together?

I'll grab some film and some fresh batterys for the digi...See you guys tomorrow

22. LFS11

LFS11

See you tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Not sure ill make it at 8:30 but ill make it for sure.

23. 52pig

52pig

I'll just meet you there Ed, I tried calling but you're walking around a graveyard I think.

I talked to Eric, will be going there after. LSRU talk.

See you all in the morning. Do we have what we think we'll need? I'll check here in the morning before I head out, let me know, I can stop by the shop.

24. LIVE! From Alameda...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349547027.527031.jpg

25. Cool. How many guys ? Keep us updated on how it goes.

26. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Outragious group of guys. That's the power of the HAMB coming through again.

27. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

You guys really are doing some amazing stuff! I was planning on making it out, but my body and my alarm clock had a disagreement and I was not excited to hop on the bus. Calling me lazy is not far off.

Bigdaddy, (or anyone else for that matter) please let me know if you guys need any more help like this- I hate to say it but I think I am probably better at cleaning than most everything else. That said I am not totally useless! I am glad to see Joe will be cruising his dad's truck, that's what really counts.

28. WOW guys...This is mind blowing....It is the way things use to happen back in the old days.
    HAMB members rule!

29. EBW

EBW

Great thread !! Inspiring to us all here.. Keep the progress posts and pictures coming !