Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What ever happened to this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom55, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Back in the 90's my friend and fellow hamber hellmet built this 55 Starchief. It was sold some time ago to a guy by the name of Jack Zusmer in SoCal. Since then I have yet to see it in any pics or coverage of events. Anyone know what happened to it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kustom55/sets/72157604709437359/

Attached Files:

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Not I but wow what a car!

3. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

Two years ago I saw that Pontiac on the Pacific coast highway around Cambria Ca

indyjps likes this.
  4. Cool, good to hear it is still on the road and yes, it is a bitchin car!

5. This sank fast, bttt for any SoCal guys just waking up...

6. HELLMET

HELLMET

I miss my car. Going to build another one. Billy

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

The 55 pontiacs are so under reated as customs.You dont see many of them as customs.They look great when done.I had one as a custom and i miss it.

8. I know what you mean and in a way love that about them. To me they are like the dark horse of the custom world....

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I love the rear end of the 55,as its a style that looks alot different then most of that time and looks great customized.One thing that stood out for me with the 55 was the indian hood ornament that lit up ,that was a great piece and should never be touch from that 55 hood.Classic!

10. RAY With

RAY With

Pontiac's are a rare breed and few and far between. We don't see many but usually when we do its a nice one like this 55. It would be nice to see a few more restored and put on the road again.

11. Wow, now that's cool!

My dad's first car was a '55 Starchief convertable. I always wanted to get another one for him, but as Ray With said, they are "few and far between". And pricey when you can find drop tops. I just saved those two pics to show him next time I am over at his place - he'll dig it.

12. Safooma

Safooma

this is Jack and I still own this wonderful blade. I love it more than anything. It runs great and turns heads.

13. Nice Car Jack! I'd keep that one forever !

14. HELLMET

HELLMET

this rules i sold that car 8 years ago i miss it i sold it to buy my house. that car was a big part of my life i'm glad it went to someone that appreciated as much as me. i want to build another one someday and do to it that i did not do on that car. when i bought it in 1993 i paid 1200 bucks for it and everyone laughed at me and said " what a waste of money a real junker" i drove it for the first time out of town on its madin voyage to the 1 or 2 blessing of the cars in glendale then after that started fixing it up driving it paso then to bako and all over so cal and up north. the CHIEF is what i called him and he never let me down. enjoy him and get him out to shows. take him to moon eyes in dec i'll have me roadster there and would love to get a pic of the two. billy

15. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I know where there is a nice 55 in So Cal for sale very soon..

16. RI5KY

RI5KY

would love to see more pics and get some info of whats been done to this poncho.... looks killer

17. RI5KY

RI5KY

Kustom55
    I have the current owner on Facebook if that helps

18. Thanks, iI do too! Jack and i keep in contact quite often. Thanks Curtis!

19. Jsafooma

Jsafooma

Hi Billy. Its been some time since I posted anything but you and others may like to know that the Purple and White 1955 Pontiac is up for sale. It look and runs great. Added road leveler system with new bags. New tires and recently serviced. Looking for 20k. It would make me most happy if you helped spread the word. Thanks
    JtR (Jack)

Kustom55 likes this.
  20. Surprised I just now saw this, is it still for sale Jack?