Register now to get rid of these ads!

Severe Bondo Abuse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's black with metallic threads, the edging is silver. The carpet is black metallic Trinidad.

2. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

Nads - awesome work (I've reread the whole thread 3 or 4 times now). Seat and cover absolutely fit the rest of the car. Has some flair, but doesn't overpower anything else. Simple, clean lines.

Don

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Looks awesome nads , is he doing your door panals as well?

4. Gotta admit, I scratched my head when I read this...should have known better by now since I thought the same when I read a pink flaked '59 Elky. It will be the perfect complement to the exterior. Really like the material on the inserts. Coming together really nicely Nads.

5. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

bump, or is the Caddy eating up your time now?

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

No siree Bob, I'm doing the dirty work now, which I shoulda done before the paint and body. Rebuilding the front end, putting in discs, dropped spindles and lowered springs. It's nasty, dirty and unglamorous work, not worthy of taking pics of.

This weekend I'll insulate the floor, put in the headliner and seat, or I might put spray in the Raptor bedliner.

7. Good luck with the headliner.

Make a tucking tool and use a heat gun.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hair dryer won't cut it?

9. Cratethis

Cratethis
    from N. Ky.

Hair dryers aren't very sharp. Better to use a knife or scissors for cutting.

10. Mart

Mart

^^^

I'm off to bed now, chuckling gently.

Mart.

11. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

What a great thread! lololol

12. I don't have any hair, and my wife's tools are off limits so I just bought a heat gun.

I made my own tucking tool because all the putty knives I have are too sharp and looked like they would cut the fabrick.

I think the blade on this is 10ga or 14ga stuffed into a piece of wood with a saw cut down the middle.

[​IMG]

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Did it last night, not very happy, again, I need to let my upholsterer do this, what a waste of time and money. I'm not even gonna post any pics.

14. belair

belair

Headliners are tough, I haven't got one to go my way either. Glad you are back on the El Cam. One-off Caddys are a dime a dozen. Priorities, man.

15. sorry it didn't go as planned, I'm not 100% happy with mine either, but it is a hell of a lot better than metal, and who really looks up anyway?

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm doing my door panels, screw the headliner, I'll live with it.

I made these pieces out of Lexan to mimic the original Impala design, I glued them to my very expensive sheet of pink pearl drum wrap, they screw onto the the door panels. I'm taking the panels to Solomon Mills to upholster, was gonna do it myself then saw the headliner and said, nah, I suck!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Nads, you have a fantastic eye. This is turning out soooo sweet. Gotta be feeling good to see it all coming together after the rough and discouraging start.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Now off to the upholsterers, there will be a 5" band of black Trinidad carpeting along the bottom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Damn!You really transformed this car into a beauty. The grill rocks and the seat looks great!

20. belair

belair

Wow-it sure helps when you have a vision to tie it all together. Looks great.

21. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

I love the door panels!

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

wow wow WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats going to looks amazing nads

24. A vendor at the LARS avoided answering me, when I asked how much the white pearl drum wrap was. The look on his face.. "You can't afford it, if you have to ask."

The door panels look good, cool idea

25. DrJ

DrJ

26. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Doc, I have an idea on how I'll use that stuff on the '58.

27. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

,,,You would be serious too if you lived in a place called Kissemmmeee,,,

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

NOS dumps I bought years ago mocked up, do they look good here or would they be better up front?
    I put in dropped spindles and springs, haven't dropped the rear, I might not, I like the rake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Normally I'd say put the dumps up front, but looking at the length in proportion to the length of the quarter panel between the door opening and the wheel opening, I think they look good to the rear.

(P.S. Caddy books are in the mail...look for a Summit Racing box)