Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

Ok, makes sense since most of his stuff is for early Fairlanes and Thunderbolt clones.

If you haven't been to his shop/store/museum/junk yard it's pretty awesome. :eek:

2. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Does the engine run cool with that radiator? Do yo have a build thread? If not you should start one.

3. 65falcon

65falcon

I have not run the car long enough yet to really comment on the rad. I bought a trans cooler (not hooked up yet) to help cool the trans fluid out of the rad thinking that would help a bit?

I have a pretty detailed build thread over at fordmuscle.com and a condensed one at TFFN.net.....my car kind of does not fit anywhere perfectly - not totally Hambish, not pro street, not a G-machine... kind of just a street machine?

It is basically me just building what I like :) some of this and some of that.

4. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Ok, we are watching each others threads on TFFN. "the wrench"

5. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

City called and asked if my car drove, said yes but they still do cause of the the primer spots and light surface rust, so i got it a coat of primer to seal it and look better, my neighbors can be a pain in the ass. Anyways, heres an update, still gotta do the roll pans, weld up some small holes and seams, shape some small dents on the roof and mold the fenders so this is it for the mean time

Attached Files:

6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

sorry your neighbors suck. I had some as well, but they moved :D.
    I am free to paint my car in the garage again :)

7. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

sorry your neighbors suck. I had some as well, but they moved :D.
    I am free to paint my car in the garage again :)

8. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Haha yeah, it think its mainly cause im up at 5am working on it almost everyday. Got my hood welded up and cleaned up, ill post pictures soon

9. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Can someone tell me if the 62-63 Hood will work on a 61? Want to get a Crites Glass T Bolt Hood for my 61, need to know about length/width? Know that the Stock ones are diff in the way they are stamped, just need to know if if I can bolt on the Crites 62 in place of the 61, the young lady who answered their phone wasn't sure, and advised she's the only one there!

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope. You'll find the rear portion is pertty close but the front is a completely different animal.

11. 65falcon

65falcon

Also, good luck dealing with Crites. They are WELL known for their (her) lousy customer service and slow order fulfillment record.

Quality of their parts is good though.

12. 61falcon

61falcon

Been there done that. i have a 61 and wanted a bolt on t bolt hood but nobody makes a bolt on for a 61 so i made my own. i bought a glass t bolt lift off 61 hood and found a donor 61 steel hood at a swap meet. i removed the outer skin from the steel hood and bonded the glass hood to the steel frame. it took some fitting and adjusting but the end result is very good. the hood fits well, bolts to my original hinges and i used the stock hood latch that came with the swap meet hood. the end result is a lightweight hood that i can remove by myself if i want to put the stock hood back on.
    If you go into my album there is a close up picture of the hood on my car just after i got it back from being painted.

13. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I love the ingenuity :)

14. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

As others have said, the 62-63 hood has a different leading edge. I wanted a tear drop hood on my 61 wagon too, so I had to make one, just like 61 Falcon. I got a ripping deal on a used lift off hood from VFN, bought a tear drop from Crites, and gave them both to a buddy who does fiberglass work for a living. The VFN hood is pretty nice, and very light, and the Crites bubble was very nice. Took a little creativity to match the leading edge of the tear drop to the curve of the hood, but it came out great.

I think VFN and maybe US Body Source both make hoods for teh 60-61 Falcon, and I believe they will mold any of their scoops to the hood for an additional fee.

15. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

I don't understand why that is. I have heard that before but I have bought from them on multiple occasions and never had a problem with them. I bought a hood, two fenders, trunk lid, for my Falcon and mounts, headers for my 56 and never had a problem. They do not stock anything, they build it after you order it so there is always a wait but my shipments have always been around when they said they would. Just don't wait till the last minute before ordering.

16. 65falcon

65falcon

I waited almost 6 weeks for a trans mount from them - when I called to order she said it would ship in about a week. She got progressively snotty with me as time went on and I kept calling to ask if it was ready yet.

17. '65CycloneGasser

'65CycloneGasser

ah yes, i've had my run around with Crites. And spoken several times with the lady in question. Months of runaround. It was only when i requested to speak to Mr. Crites did i get some kind of action. " Oh, i found your parts sitting on the loading dock awaiting shipping".....right...parts turned out good though just don't hold your breath. Was told initially 1 month, then another month, then almost another before i called BS.

18. 62rebel

62rebel

i'm sure Crites has issues that need resolution, but this is a specific thread about Falcons.

19. '65CycloneGasser

'65CycloneGasser

Reb, i'm just trying to prevent someone from going through the same frustration as i did. I'm a Comet guy but i follow the Falcon brand since they share so much. And not my intention to beat up Crites either, just sharing my hard learned lesson....

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I haven't updated in a bit, but I'm absolutely tickled to say that The Increadible Miss Judy's '62 wagon is now a runner! Looks like we'll be driving this one to Good Guys next month. It's maiden voyage around the block should be today or tomorrow.

21. EColey

EColey
    from Denison

here is one of my 62, I am not sure to paint the 14 inch wheels black or green. Or to run chrome lugs with bullet centers or the stock dog bowls. I do want to run a skinny white wall tire though. Any suggestions? I am keeping the patine on the body...

Attached Files:

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

All those options sound good to me. I love the '62 Deluxe. Cool car.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, the long awaited day is here!!! Hot Rod Ron and Nick Flores from the board came over this afternoon and helped with some brake bleeding issues that were driving me nuts. As of now I can safely say that Judy's wagon is now a driver!!! The three of us took turns driving it up and down my street and giggling like teenage girls... Well maybe that was just me! (Nick is the one that kinda looks like a Roth monster!) it'll be a week or two of tuning and fixing this and that, but I will post a picture of Judy herself at the wheel in the next week or so. Oh, we drove it up to the weekly Central ave get together tonight...

Attached Files:

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Aw, come on Falcon guys... This was a big day!

25. 62rebel

62rebel

everybody must have been outside! congrats on your run; sounds like more fun than you expected. my own Falcons are gone, but i still enjoy seeing everybody elses.

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks 62 rebel. Guess you're right!

27. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

Looks good, it is always good to take that first ride. I am a fan ot the 62 wagons

Attached Files:

28. von zipper

von zipper

It may be a Ranchero, but it's still a Falcon! Most fun I've had with a vehicle! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351465553.455351.jpg

29. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

The great thing about Falcons is there are so many ways to go with one. Here's the direction I'm headed with mine.

SPark

Attached Files:

30. soulsponjah

soulsponjah

Nice you got her on the road again. Looks like you got the front end dialed in. Plan on bringing down the rear or are you on air shocks? Can't wait to see Judy's smile when she gets in it.