Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Trip Revival: Part 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 24, 2012.

1. pastlane

pastlane

What? Me worry...

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Enjoy the ride and be safe!

3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As did I. As least one appeared to have arrived in Baltimore missing a left rear hubcap...

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

the dust is my fault. we were cutting out wooden bucks for forming the skeleton of a doped fabric speedster, and didn't have time to wash them before the texans got here...

5. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Ryan,

Sorry I did not get a chance to say hello. I saw you for a minute by Dan Webb's cars this weekend, and then you blended back into the crowd. Be safe headed home. The Rivs looked cool.

Jay

6. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

The only problem is that we didn’t have a beer together. Safe Travels.
    Great seeing you again and meeting Norm.
    Slim

7. That '64 would look really really good in my garage. Nice!

8. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Who would have thought that road trip updates would be the problem? We should have sent Kirk! with them to document trip.

9. slacker1965

slacker1965

I hope the roadtrip gods smile on your journey.......my guess would be plugged fuel filter(s), leaky rubber hoses, water pump, a rotten tire .... that make it all fun.... my brother had to rent space in a friendly gas station when he drove his 65 rivvy across & all the crap in the fuel tank decided to free up off the bottom.....

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You will have no issues - just bug shit on the windshield.

11. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

O.K. My guess it that....The cars will be fine, other than normal road-trip failure. You will make it all the way home, but drive into your own mailbox or a BIGASS tree/shrub in your own yard, and blame it all on a badass case of the giggles of joy...

Brad.

12. Damn...you guys home YET? :confused:

13. Ryan,
    Didn't have time to read all of the replies, but in and around NY/NJ you will want to stay out of New York City (unless you want that as a destination). The easiest way to do this and stay on the right roads are once you get into NY State, get on 287 and stay on it through NJ. This will take you far enough outside the New York City traffic.

Also, be careful of the expansion joints on the Tappen Zee bridge, they are really bad.

If you get hard up and need help in or around the area, please drop me a line. I'll PM you the number.

14. jeffbr33

jeffbr33
    from norwich,ct

i say somewhere near little rock,one car burns up a set of points backfires and blows a muffler apart,just a guess,it happened to me coming back from dallas to connecticut in a new old 38 chevy a couple years ago