Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hambers on us hwy 2 west

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Sep 21, 2012.

1. phat rat

phat rat

We're doing great Bob. I really enjoyed my run down Idaho from north to south. It's beautiful country out there. You and Maggie will have a ball

2. I look forward to the day Maggie.......and Bob if I have to see him, visit here on the next trip! ;)

Thanks for hanging out on the Salt Bob!!!!!!!!!

3. diamond jeff

diamond jeff
    from montana

the bar/cafe is called the Snowslip, Bill is a good cook.

4. As your headed for Kalispell between Browning,MT and Columbia falls ,MT look for a site called the goat lick. It will be on your left on hwy 2. Mountain goats on a sheer cliff licking the salt in the rocks.

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Thanks for that info diamond jeff and dirt t, we are headed out this am to St. Ignace Mi for the start of our trip.

Tman, Next year on the way to Alaska we will stop.

Thanks again

B:)B

6. Rochie

Rochie

Hey Bob,
    I can't remember the name of the tavern in Glacier Nat. but you really can't miss it, it's the only thing on the north side. The smokies use it for the fire blockade in fire season.

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

See post from Dirt t about 2 post's back, it's snowslip.

Thanks

B:DB

8. if you need to reassemble car , on way back , i am only about 45 miles from I 94 too , heading to Fargo for a car show this afternoon
    enjoy your trip and safe travels to you and yours

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Headed your way this morning from Sault Ste Marie Mi. Hope to be in your area Wed or Thur.

10. Bob and Maggie, Thanks for stopping. Glad to have met your both. Have a safe trip and Barb and I will look for you at Back to The Fifties next year. Now that we are retired who knows maybe we'll come visit you guys. Travel safe, Steve and Barb

11. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Steve & Barb:

Thanks for your hospitality, you have a neat place with lots of cool chit. I am planning to post some pics tonite on a new post titled " GO WEST OLD MAN".

Let me know if that is ok

12. phat rat

phat rat

I'll be watching the new thread.

13. Bob, Yes you can post pics. i haven't been able to, I'm pretty much computer illerate. Hope your trip is going good. We'll look for the pics. Steve and Barb

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Will now be posting on my new thread.

GO WEST OLD MAN

B:DB

15. FEDER

FEDER

Bob, dont be too nervous about the drive west of Stevens pass. My Wife drives it all the time to go see the grand kids in Leavinworth. She thinks its a roadcoarse and has drivin it like one for 40 yrs.Well She did try and dodge a rabbit once and went off the road just before a bridge but didnt land in the river. I live at the end of HWY 2 and north on I 5
    about 10 miles north.Your More than welcome to stop by and see our new 32x48 shop and 32x48 garage. Also very close is another custom shop that does UNREAL metal work
    Im sure You would very much enjoy. PM Me Ill give You My P # Fed

16. 31whitey

31whitey

Bob,just south now,but know Kalispel area and hwy 2 well. Its getting cold here man, be prepared for weather on the passes and slick mornings.

17. Snowed in the mountains last night, not melting off much either. Take care......