Register now to get rid of these ads!

real "overhauling"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bdotson, Sep 23, 2012.

1. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

I just got to share this with you folks This is what hot rodding is all about. I am very pleased to be a part of this "Great bunch of guys" working for a super cause. Doug is a member of "Hot Rod Bunch" car club. The club knowing he had lost his vision decided to step up and do something about it. We cant fix his vision, so we made the decision to do what we do best fix his car. Thanks for looking :D http://www.hotrodbunch.com/#!dougs-build/c21wx

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  2. metalshapes

metalshapes

Damned.

I hate those sites that start blasting music as soon as you open it.

Its never good music either...

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Especially when it's so loud you can't even hear the stereo behind you...the help is good tho...

R-

4. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

5. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

Ok thanks for the comment on our web sight. I also designed the sight, I didn't think the music was that loud. I can however lower the volume or turn the background music off all together. Thanks for your input

6. 62rebel

62rebel

always super cool when a guy can be helped when all seems lost. kudos a thousand times over.

re: the music issue: when i was trying to find a video showing how to do woodgraining, the only one that clearly and quickly showed how had the worst, loudest damn street rap music playing that no less than four times i stopped the video and went in search of a different one. i finally muted the damn thing and watchd the guy work without his explanations.

7. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

Is this music that bad and loud ?

8. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Sorry for this, but I'd think a guy who designs web sites would know how to spell site.

9. I think that quite possibly everyone who's posted so far has missed the point! Turn down your volume if you have to and enjoy folks helping folks out. That's what it's about!.....sheesh!:p

10. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

its how they deal with anything , bitch first !! Nice work .

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never auto-start music, animation, or anything else. That's just plain bad UI design. Don't take the user's control away, you will alienate them.

12. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like a good start on the build. You are to be commended for helping your friend!

13. kiwiwilly

kiwiwilly

simmilar thing happened here a few years ago. A guy who was not even in our club but was a good friend of one of our club members was diagnosed with cancer half way through his '71 Vette rebuild. He really wanted to get the Vette done so that he could pass it on to his son who was only nine at the time so a few of our clbmembers who happened to be mechanics and car painters etc stepped in and finished it for him.
    Luckily they got the Vette finished in time for him to attend one last rod event before he passed and it is now stored away untill his son is old enough to be able to go for his licence.

14. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

Anyone else wanna point out the flaws? Bunch of dicks!

15. Jimm56

Jimm56

Bless you guys for helping out a bud. Re: your website, I have a hard time reading the small red font on the black background.

16. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

Did i say i design web sights or perhaps I said I designed THIS web sight. Yea I spelled it sight. I think you missed the point. Would you have felt diffrent if I had spelled it right. I bet you can point out some mispellings in this post if you try real hard. Sorry but I just got in from helping a bunch of great guys work on a blind friends car. And he dont care ifn we mizpel sumpthin later friend

17. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

I got your play on words. Web Sight--blind guys car! Gotta critisize before they realize.
    Still a bunch of dicks gotta stomp a good heart into the ground.

18. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Not at all.....some people just have to bitch. Learn to ignore them.

19. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

A bunch of hot rodders whining about loud music and spelling...gimme a break! Good for you guys helping out a friend and building cool cars together. Thats what it's all about, nice work Buddy.

20. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

Thanks guys I needed that we had a great afternoon had 9 super guys sling sparks,paint striper was flying, welders were buzzing,hammers banging,and we got lots done in only 4 hrs. 9 guys working can cover some ground. Wifes bringing snacks and drinks. It was just good:D and for a good cause thanks again guys i needed that even if i kant spel:eek:

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Friends help friends build hotrods : RICHARD CRANIUM

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What you are doing is absolutely fantastic..........we all need friends like you guys. :) Super nice of all of you to think of him that way.

As for the sound, you must have turned it off because it was silent when I looked at it. I get what the guys were saying, there are some sites that blow you into the next room when you click on them. I have a guy who calls me occasionally for car building advice, and I like him, but his answering machine starts off with the loudest music intro that seems to go on forever. When I call him back I usually hang up immediately as I can't take the music.

The site (sight) was fine when I watched it though and loved the picrures and story.

Don

23. 55/98

55/98
    from washington

Great job helping a guy out in need. I noticed alot of bitchen and one sided shit right after jionin thats why I dont post much.

24. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

You spelt bitchen wrong

25. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

Just got through watching overhauling on TV. Our build is not going quite as fast as the guys on tv but I am pleased with our progress.;)

26. Atta Boy!-Good on you guys for gettin' together and helpin' your buddy out!!
    Your hearts are in the right place-Glad you posted it up on a website for everyone to see.
    Those that criticise your website may have missed the point but are free to build and maintain their own website any way they choose.

27. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

Thanks for your comment. As for the comment on the website, I have never nor has anyone in our club built a website so this is our first try. I am the one who built it but with the help and input of the whole club. This is what we wanted we think. Now I thank anyone who wants to give us tips and input. As for the music we like it and I also turned it down a little. Thanks again for the input. :cool:

28. Congratulations on you guys stepping up to help someone else,,very commendable.

As for the music,your not going to please everybody that's why there is so many different categories of music,,I'm an old fart and I have heard Smokey and the Bandit thousands of times doesn't bother me, you guys like it and it's your site so keep up the good work. HRP

29. farmer12

farmer12

Great to see you guys helping a friend in need. Well done!

30. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas