Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Quain Stott Willys build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Quain Stott, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Mounted on the car, the wheels are just some old wheels that I had laying around. They look like there are older than me.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Mtn Goat likes this.
  2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

A shot with the wheelie bar and bumper in place.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  3. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

That's all for tonight. I'm going to be running the willys at the gasser show in Atlanta GA. Oct 13 and then again at Greer SC November 17 if every thing goes as planed, if any one wants to see it in person.

4. I just put these 15x10 Halibrands on my coupe. Look like the same ones you have. I will use these for racing and my 5 spokes with vintage Inlewoods for street. I have had these rims for decades but just got the slicks from my friend Vic Young, They are 12" wide. 10" would probably be perfect but I know these will hook up great.

[​IMG]

5. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Kev that tire and wheel combo is perfect together. Is your wheel polished around the outside.

6. I have been cleaning up the edge with fine sandpaper, then scotchbrite pad, then polish. It will take regular polishing now. Inside has Gibbs.

7. farmer12

farmer12

Can't believe I missed this build thread. Love the simplicity and workmanship, great job!

8. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

For anybody that is interested we are having another Gasser race at Greer drag way November 17. If you have a car that you would like to race you have to be approved for period correctness first just let me know and I tell you where to send pix's for approval.

9. QQMOON

QQMOON

Good stuff keep them cool

QQ

10. Mr. Stott - I enjoyed seeing your car run this past weekend in ATL - Awesome ride to watch go down the track. I loved it when you grabbed second!

I was directed here to your build thread. Very nice build as well! You're the MAN!

11. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

12. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Any more updates? Great thread!

13. What did it run? Can't read the board in the video...

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I don't remember on that run but it went a best of 6.01. I'll post some more build pix's soon I have been on the road and busy for the last few weeks.

15. Very cool!! Leaves very nice!!

16. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Great little video, cool

. . .

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. delray57

delray57

I and my buddies were lucky enough to see Quain's Willys up close and personal in the pits at the Atlanta $10,000 Drags. The details and workmanship on this car are exceptional. Seeing it run brought back fond memories of the early to mid-1960's and the way gasser drag racing was in its finest hour! Small block injected Chevy, four speed Willys rock! Quain graciously took the time to show us around his car.

Thanks Quain for helping make the Atlanta $10,000 Race a great time for us!

18. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Okay Quain, we are finished with racing season now. Soooo, in between getting the Pro Mod car ready, building Gene's Moonlighter, and Lord knows what else, how about posting some more build pictures.:D

19. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Your right Darren I'm about out of anything to do LOL. I'm sorry I have been slack on posting but I'm going to get on it.

20. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

21. 1arock

1arock

So just how many Iron Men or on that shelf on the first page of this thread?

22. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

There are more in the office, the one on the bottom shelf in the center is 2006 pro mod world champ. But the one that I'm the most proud of is in the office it's the 2001 craft craft magazine pro mod driver of the year you can't win it, it's voted on by the fan's. If I had all the money back that was invested in all of them I wouldn't have to work now.

23. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

wish the pics werent deleted :(

24. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Brian I don't know what happened to them I'll check it out. I moved some stuff around in photo bucket I must have screwed up.

25. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

thank you kind sir:)

26. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ha ya'll I screwed up my photo bucket deal I've got it fixed now but I have to add these pix's back one at a time I got the first page done this morning. it's going to take a few days but this thread should be back going. Sorry for being a dumb a....... but this computer stuff is over my head.

27. Thanks Quain. It is great that you ar going to the trouble to do that. Many people will learn a lot from this thread for many years to come. Look forward to updates also.

28. bowtie40

bowtie40

Quain, could you repost pictures of the rear spring slider set up. They didn't post for some reason. I'm planning on the same set up on my build. I wan't to see a set up that works as good as yours. Man that thing hooks. Like a cobra strike!!! bowtie40

29. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Bowtie40 I don't know what happened to the pic but I will take some more first chance i get I've been wide open for the last several months that's why I haven't finished this build thread. They are real simple just 2 brackets hanging down on each side of the spring with holes drilled where a bolt with a sleeve can go on top and bottom of the spring. The spring will set on the bottom bolt (if the slider is under the housing) the other is just to keep it from falling to far down when the car is jacked up and the pressure is off the housing. anyway I'll try to get you some pics next week.