Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cotsi95, Sep 30, 2012.

1. cotsi95

cotsi95

Hi my name is Wade Meyer. I'm a 24 year old student that's been into cars my entire life. I straighten and polish stainless trim and other parts for a living. My current project is a 52' Chevy 3100 5 window that I inherited from my uncle when he passed. It's been sitting in my grandma's pasture for about 28 years. Now i'm putting the old girl back on the road.

So far I have it torn down and am building a 235 with an 848 head, fenton dual intake and an hei distributor to put back in her. I plan on leaving the paint how it is and surprisingly there is very little rust besides the surface rust on the paint. Eventually it will get a Mustang II front end conversion and a 4 link in the rear with an 8.8 and bags all around. But for now the goal is to get it back on the road asap.

Here are some pictures of the truck how it sits now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Hi Wade

Welcome to the insanity. Looks like a potentially great pickup. Please, keep us updated with words and photos as you progress.

3. RH2795

RH2795

Welcome from New York Wade.

4. FF SIX ONE

FF SIX ONE

Welcome from Texas. It s going to look good I bet.

5. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Welcome from the western slope.

6. cotsi95

cotsi95

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to get the motor fully assembled this weekend and the old motor/ trans out. It has the sm420 4 speed with the torque tube still. So im hoping it will only need a clutch and throw out bearing and we should be good to go.

7. Greetings from Durango.

8. Welcome from Colorado Springs. Golden, CO has a cruise every 1st Sat. of the month and the last one for the year is this coming Sat. You don't wanna miss it! See so many different ideas and themes and of course the WHHHHAATTTT kind of stuff.

9. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

Welcome from the springs as well. I had one of those trucks, they are really nice to bomb around in. Are you gonna do an open drive line and t-5 to get up to highway speeds?

10. Madrider67

Madrider67

Hello from another ColoRODan. Just a bit south of you.

11. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from the Springs Wade

12. archauto

archauto
    from Co

Welcome from Fort Collins, America. You're starting young so soon you'll have to many projects and you'll have to live to 150 to make a dent in them....you can ask me how I know, but I'll bet you can guess.

13. cotsi95

cotsi95

Thanks again everyone.

My plans are to leave the torque tube in it for now and eventually put a 292 with a mid-framed turbo on it and a blow through carb setup with a t56 and 9 inch or 8.8 out back.

Archauto I already know, I currently have 3 project cars and a few more in waiting. Ive only "finished" one but as we all know they're never TRULY finished.

14. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Welcome from N.W. Nebraska.