Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rodder's Journal... Coverage of an Excellent Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

2. There is an enormous amount of car activity in the mid-atlantic states. In Maryland, we enjoy seeing almost half of these cars at the show every weekend. To us, many of these are just "local cars". We can't run events all year - we have to put them away by mid-November until April, so So.Cal has a weather advantage. Otherwise, there's probably as much rodding activity here as on the left coast.
    But anyway,,,,this was a GREAT show !

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very kool Pics, I love the picture of Gary Minor's 58 Chevy. Drove out (Yes I said drove
    out) from California to attend a show in Maryland. Don't tell him but he is one of my idols.

4. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

The pictures make the show look light,what was the car count numbers if someone were to guess?

5. Approximately 500 cars. Some of the above (excellent) photos were shot early Sunday morning. Many of the long-distance cars did not return to the show grounds on Sunday. Check the various other coverage for the Friday cruise and the killer Saturday show. There are many threads running on here now from the TRJ Revival weekend. I shot over 1200 photos from Friday to Sunday afternoon.

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another glimpse at the Boss' Riv.

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Awesome photos Tom! Looking forward to more. You shot some cars that I didn't see in other threads.

8. ....I think this is a fabulous turnout for an event that from my perspective seemed to come together fairly quickly. I don't think that TRJ was looking for a 3-4 thousand car show at least not for the 1st time. There is certainly room at this venue for growth if they continue the event at Pimlico. Other than a few organizational bugs I thought the event went off extraordinarily well. I may be out of line, and I'm not trying to speak for TRJ, but I think even in their promotional efforts they expressed a desire for an intimate, kinda laid back get-together. Considering the level of quality of cars and plenty of people interacting with each other, I'd have to call it a big success.

9. travis kennedy

travis kennedy

that 50 shoebox is BADa$$!!! i miss it.

10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Yeah Tom. Thanks so much for sharing these great photos. We had a blast Sat/Sun. As always saw our good friends, and met some class folks. And what a rare treat to see some classic hot rods and kustoms. FUN.
    Slim

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

This is so cool and is the epitome of someone who doesn't ask for permission before he builds something. Not for the feint of heart! hahahaaa Anyone know who built it? I've seen this a year or two ago, but still looks nice and clean.

Attached Files:

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

That would be a GMC V12, no? I wonder what he uses for a transmission.

13. n847

n847

Those roof top and parking garage shots are awesome!

14. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Great shots, thanks for posting em. Love that wicked green Willys gasser !!! Oh, and the Walker/ Morrison deuce !!! Just perfect.

15. 383man

383man
    from Md

Was that the one at Pimlico ? I did not even know about it as I would have went. I did go the Saturday before to the Karb Kings Mob Town show at the Moose lodge in Dundalk. Ron

16. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

This is so cool and is the epitome of someone who doesn't ask for permission before he builds something. Not for the feint of heart! hahahaaa Anyone know who built it? I've seen this a year or two ago, but still looks nice and clean.
    Jeem, The twin V6 GM engine truck belongs to a local Baltimorean Pat McNeil. He drives that thing everywhere. I believe the twin engines were out of an early motorhome. Everything else, except the body & tranny, were built by Pat.

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

Here he is babying the truck at the Showdown

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9s2H3cURwc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S9s2H3cURwc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

18. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

great mud slinging. Too bad we dont have a computer scratch and sniff to complete the moment!

19. von zipper

von zipper

I felt that mud fly!

20. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Great pictures of the show, thanks for sharing. Looks like another show to add to "the gotta make it to list".

21. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/wstcst3/Album%202/DSC_0450.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  22. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Beautiful shots.....nice to see some cars from another area. Looks like a good scene there.

23. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/wstcst3/Album%202/DSC_0450.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

24. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I've really enjoyed looking at this thread . Great shots , you've got a good photographic eye .

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

The '27 T roadster is a SWEETIE!

That cabover deal...HAhahaaha You could hear him giggling, hahaha I'd love to see a bunch more pics on another thread! hint hint...

Spectacular photo of the orange Willys, oh man.

26. Lucky77

Lucky77

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. Going to have to put this show on the calender for next year.

27. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoyed the video. Good thing that windshield opens!

And thanks again Tom.

28. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Thanks for the pics

29. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
    Love the Willys Gassers! I've seen all 3 in person, pictures dont do them justice.
    That Showdown video never gets old! haha

30. Tom,your photos make me feel like I was there,,thank you.HRP