Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 Ford Truck Project Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott in Missouri, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri
    from Missouri

PM Sent~
    I have not had any problem, but you can never go wrong with a beefier set up. The transmission/motor are held in place fine with this mount. If you want more flex/tourqe bracing, I would consider a permanent cross member above the drive shaft if you have room. Aslo, I would say you should consider welding/bolting this in BEFORE you cut the old one to keep everything square.

Scott

2. JoshECS

JoshECS

I just bought a '48 F-1 on an unmolested '51 chassis and drivetrain. Scott, you've done all of the work that I think I want to do with ym '48 to use it as a daily shop truck.

I appreciate you taking the time to do such a detailed write up, very very helpful.

Ultimately, how does the Flattie on a T5 drive around town and occasionally on the highway? Is it perfectly adequate, or do you sometimes feel concerned that you are an obstacle that others struggle to avoid in traffic?

3. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri
    from Missouri

I used to think it was the best improvement I made to the truck...until I converted to 12 volts. I still think it is the best improvement for "drivability". It shifts like butter and now you get the 5th gear which is Over Drive and can hit the highway at 60 MPH.

Scott

4. motorgod7

motorgod7
    from chico,ca.

Fantastic thread, I have a 59 f100 that will be getting the same name on the doors.

5. Bugsiegel

Bugsiegel
    from New Jersey

6. Black Knight 1

Black Knight 1

Great thread. I got a lot of inpiration for my 55 build.

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

we found a similar problem with 10" pressure plate weights on a different brand adapter and wondered if cutting these weights off was an acceptable solution. I presume they may add pressure to the clutch plate as revs and momentum builds up. Looks like its worked for you.

8. Tinpanharry

Tinpanharry

So did you sell the truck?
    Thanks!
    TPH

9. Schoenmaker

Schoenmaker
    from Holland

Scott, thanks for the detailed descriptions, they will be my aid overseas in Holland!

10. Sprout

Sprout

11. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

nice work on your truck ;)

12. Scott in Missouri

Scott in Missouri
    from Missouri

Truck sold long ago, but it was nice to read the thread and remember all the fun building it.

Scott