Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wire problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattooedmj, Sep 30, 2012.

1. tattooedmj

tattooedmj
    from Altoona PA

I got a 1950 Dodge Wayfarer that someone started to rewire, Im tring to get the brake light and turn signals to work. I have a relay for it but and a Pacific turn signal switch (A5007) When I tie the wires together the turn signal will flash but when I push the brake on you cant see the blinker, and when the blinker is on and I turn on the parking lights it stops flashing. I never wired a car but Im sure its someting simple Im missing. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. nachodog

nachodog
    from socal

If someone added a new wiring kit then yo cant tie both the brake and turn signal wire together because youll get feedback. I'm pretty sure you have an independent brake wire and independent tun signal wire. You will have to run the turn signal wire to it's own bulb. My truck originally had only one dual filament bulb that ran everything, running light, brake and turn signal. When i rewired it with a kit i ended up with independent turn signals. My best option was to add a second bulb to my housing for the turn signal. I added a dual filament so now my two bulbs have the running lights which give it better visibility at night and the brake light stays on while my second bulb works the turn signal.

3. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

There are some threads on here that show how to wire brake and turn signals to two relays and use a simple turn signal switch. Do a search on turn signals and hopefully the threads will pop up.