Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs **Sentinels So*Cal Anniversary Pics**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuck, Sep 10, 2012.

1. " The tradition of building and FINISHING". Alright, I get it. Raw welds, spray can primer jobs, no glass or interiors. It's all very "screw your rules", and we need that to keep things interesting. But I have much more respect for the guy who works his ass off long past the "Rough it in" phase of a build.

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks greazy john

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

The white and blue for the Chevy is a great combo.fits the ride perfect .

4. bigBADwolf

bigBADwolf
    from Batavia,IL

Looks like you guy's are having fun, right on!!!

5. JVK54

JVK54

I have climate and club envy wikkid bad.

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

hahaha that made me laugh Jesse! been checking out your pics lately.. looks like youre getting out in the 50 quite a bit.. right on brutha.. looking real good. CJ

7. BadLuck

BadLuck

nothing keeps this club from driving our cars.. Vince breaks his ankle hours before a little show we were going to .. black and blue.. swollen to the size of a softball.. and here he is in his 54! We all had a good time making fun of him for about 20 minutes tho :D... AND we had to clean his dirty whitewalls for him!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  8. JVK54

JVK54

Thanks Bro-
    ..Yeah I've been leaving oil slicks all over greater New England and having a blast . I'm sure the rear main is shot, and everything else needs to be replaced and done right..the motor is strong but has "sit-itis" BUT, as my Southern daddy used to say, I'm "Stuck on the horns of a dilemma." I love my 235 but it's a 1950(hence not fully pressurized, splash oiling ) so sinking the bucks into a full rebuild as well as the cam, dual (or tri) intake and carbs I wold want doesn't seem worth it in this engine. I've been offered a 350/350 set up for basically..free from a buddy..or a late 50s 283 that needs minor stuff. I love running the vintage stovebolt..the vibe and the sound ..but I drive the shit outta my cars..and a little 6 is kinda like a .22 gun. As Steve Earl would say, "It can get you into trouble but it can't get you out".... So anyway I'm sorry to hijack your thread with my stuff. BUT, do you guys have any thoughts on this since you are Chevy guys ? Looks like you are partial to small blocks...Great to see the Sentinels bringing it so strong and real out there. Stay Gold!

9. BadLuck

BadLuck

i hear ya totally.. i LOVE the sixes as well.. but with a custom.. the hood is always closed.. and we drive the snot out of ours also.. so you cant go wrong with a good ol reliable small block.. easy to work on..and parts are ridiculously easy to find and inexpensive.. replaced my master cylinder a few days ago.. 14 bucks with core exchange haha!

10. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks guys

11. BadLuck

BadLuck

I agree. Even though i drove awhile in that "rough it in" stage.. it was never my intent to leave it that way.. i had a vision of what i wanted, and knew it was going to take a lot of work and time to get there.. but i still dont have glass! Front and rear are in the works.. just saving for my "half down" deposit to get it started! ouch.

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

Working on Will's ride today.. he got his new chrome steelies with spidercaps and new tires.. putting on control arms and spindles..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even a cast on the foot doesn't keep us from working on our cars!

[​IMG]

13. nice! way to put in work!

14. BadLuck

BadLuck

installed trans cross member and rack on Will's 54... mocking up motor today and welding in motor mounts..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. BadLuck

BadLuck

16. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Bad Luck, that 51 is Bad Ass Beautiful.........Howeird

17. congrats guys, i've been throught the whole "club got too big and distorted thing" i bailed too. car shit is supposed to be fun, or why do it? that green chevy is bad ass.

18. BadLuck

BadLuck

hey thanks! much appreciated..
    Exactly! With this new club.. we have once again brought back the fun!. thanks.. that green took months to find haha! had it in my mind, but just couldn't find it in the color charts... luckily a paint fairy helped mix it and BAM! there it is :)

19. tell, you what, you guys really make some art. those two chevys are some of the most beautiful cars iv'e ever seen. look like you guys have a lot of fun too! anyway, did some drawings of your cars today, and they came out a lot better than i thought. here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. sorry about that size, i gotta mess with my picture stuff. anyway, good to see that you guys are building some more rides. good luck and have some fun!

21. BadLuck

BadLuck

those are awesome buddy! those are going in the shop! thanks so much:D

22. Happy 1st to you all.

23. hey, thanks. yep, drawing and designing cars like that is kind of my hobby. got a whole wall of cars like that. did a nice merc today. anyway thanks and send me a picture of my drawings hanging in your shop:D

24. BadLuck

BadLuck

will do!:)

25. Congrats on your new club. Nice to see well done cars.

26. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks Phil!

One last show we hit in Riverside yesterday before we sand down and buff out again... talking beltline and stainless in to get straightend and polished..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

BADLUCK your ride is just inspiring. When my Ford is down I'm using your car as a model for my wife's 51 Chevy! But pink not NEW BLACK GREEN! Just awesome!

28. poorboy

poorboy

29. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks buddy..can't wait to see that build!
    thanks poorboy

30. Lookin good! Can't wait to see more sentinels on the road! You guys need to do a shoebox or something.