Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Look what i found at a junk yard....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32rustedinpiece, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Dude I would do 5 bills all day everyday but we all live in this little place called reality.... Well you got a bad ass piece there. I was confused when you saod junk yard and was thinking you picked it up for weight and was thinking how lucky you would have been. But the fact you got is luck in itself.

2. jratz1966

jratz1966

Dude that's an awesome score,that's worth way more then $500 I buy and sell Poncho parts all the time and the roller set would go for $500 alone,the early rod bring good money also.them headers with M/T adapters are very cool.

3. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Nice Find... Congrats..

4. Talk is cheap!

Dead Presidents tell the real story.

Nice score!

5. PontiacRoss

PontiacRoss

There is an intake on here for $500, been here for several years, still for sale I believe, Jeff demanded an offer and then got all pissy about it, I still don't know what he wants for the thing, the Block is scrap, too old, U can't mount a Transmission to it and he is still demanding I buy it, Shipping $300 so my offer cost me $800, I want the manifold, heads and distributor, I don't know, I see more stuff here then he originally told me about, the header adapters, Cool, the bell-housing thingy, man, I don't even know what that thing is? Anybody need anything more from this? I got $500 for the parts I want, it's a 316 ci Pontiac motor, the block is scrap, anyway, who knows if it blew a rod before it went under the bench? So Jeff, maybe U can sell some other bits off it, Blower pistins might be cool if a big enough oversize to run in a 389, headers and header adapters are worth an extra hun just so I can hang them on the wall, what do U want for that? I got 2 days in figuring what it all is, sounds like fun, pissy attitude is not fun at all.

6. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

You say the pissy attitude is not fun but you seem to be good at it.

7. swe64

swe64

pictures of engine in car would set the price right,history rules!!!!!
    for us with old pontiac engines the pushrods setup a picture of guide plate fastening would be nice.this is a old setup manley did for sbc rollers but top is not same on pontiac
    ken sweden

8. tunram2quad

tunram2quad

Very Cool.Nice score

9. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

http://www.wilcap.com/pontiac.html#287350

10. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

I would have to agree with SOME of PontiacRoss's comments,But i don't agree with throwing his name out there for everybody to shit talk about,you paid X-amount of $'s for it & you wanted offers & got 1 or more-so be it! let's all face the fact we all want something for less than what the seller want for it!i'm a cheap bastard!i work for a living,i'm an old Pontiac fan from birth, but in my eyes it's still a 316-not a 421/428 or even a 455H/O,i'm sure i pissed off someone by saying this- but i had to say it!
    The value of the motor is-- what you get in the end weather you part it out or sell whole........

11. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

put a car around it.itll improve the astetics

12. 1badnov

1badnov
    from South Bay

13. pontman

pontman

This thing should stay intact! I would not sell that period, would be looking for a FED chassis to put it in. Whats it worth? If it were in my hands nobody could touch it for less than 4000. I'm just saying look at the all of those parts. Listen to these guys above, Seriously!!!

14. pontman

pontman

Done deal! This engine is sitting in my shop in a crate. The OP gave me a price and I agreed to it. Made a deposit. He was kind enough to hold it for a few months longer than orginally planned, my fault on that. Two lump sum payments and its mine! I read back through all the posts and it sounded like a few people wanted it for not much more than what was paid? Others called the block junk? I couldn't disagree more. Jeff found a piece of race car gold and good for him! Now I have my work cut out for me to find or build a frame to show case the engine! Thank You Jeff!!!

Attached Files:

15. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

Thats great,you sound like the right owner.

16. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great story. Happy ending. Ready to hear a story about the next chapter in this engines life!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

awesome that it ended up in the right hands.

18. DLoE65

DLoE65
    from Orange, CA

19. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

Glad the engine arrived safely. Thanks again.

20. cakes

cakes

Thats awesome, glad to see this piece of treasure ended up in good hands

21. das858

das858

Sounds like the right guy ended up with it. Hope it goes in a front engine dragster with equal history.