Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for 58 ford fairlane drop spindles and disc brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1badrat, Mar 23, 2012.

1. 1badrat

1badrat

I'm looking for a set of drop spindles and disc brakes for my 58 fairlane! I see that Fatman has a set that uses Granada brakes!! But man they are expensive!! Any other suggestions?? My car is bagged and I am trying to get it to lay rockers!!!

2. put aerostar coils springs on it (2-3inch drop) somthing like 70.00 at the local autozone pm scarebird on here he can help with the brakes

3. joee

joee

i don't see the need for disc brakes well done and adjusted drums work fine. i would put a dual master cyl. on it.

4. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Check out http://hotrodsandbrakes.com/.

They make a good kit (I used it on my '62 Monterey and the company is owned by fellow HAMB'er HOTROD428.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

5. easyissy

easyissy

6. 1badrat

1badrat

So there isn't any conversion from any other cars beside the Granada that will work?? The Granada only lowers it about 3/4 of an inch and I'm wanting 2" drop! I have it bagged and I want it to lay all the way out!! I didn't really want spend a ton of money doing it but I guess I have to pay to play!!!! Please no bs on me bagging my car either!!

7. I pulled spindles and disc brake setup off of a '76 Mercury Montego (same ones used on Torinos of that vintage and late '60s full size Ford) for my '55 Ford. Bolt-on swap. The Aerostar coils (plentiful in the junkyard) will get it a little lower in the front. With the Granada spindles, you have to ream out the bottom hole for the ball joint, don't have to do that with the Montego/Torino/big Ford spindles.

8. my aerostar coils just showed up fo my '50 front end MOOG CC850 $59 delivered to the door through amazon.com