Register now to get rid of these ads!

'57 Belair convertible stolen 9/22/12 near Seattle •••FOUND•••

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gotta56forme, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. henry29

henry29

The picture posted is a 1/12 scale Danbury mint car.

Is there a real pic of the car somewhere?

3. I'll see if I can get one through my club.

4. eyes open in Tacoma !

5. bumpin' it back up for more eyes...

I'm told a photo is on the way to me, and I'll post it as soon as I get it.

6. Here are some photos of the car at the 2007 Mild to Wild show (Tacoma Dome), shortly after it was completed.

I'm to understand this car had been in the owner's family for about 30 years. Hopefully it is found and returned to him.

Attached Files:

7. Turns out two '57 Chevrolets were stolen in/near Seattle last weekend. Please see the attached PDF for additional information...

Attached Files:

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Sounds like someone is filling orders.............I don't think Dr Phil's 57 was ever found either. Really sad for all those guys. :(

Don

9. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

These stories just turn my stomach. :(

Those MF'ers! :mad:

10. 1320/150

1320/150

x2...

11. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

yep there giona be parts cars
    as they (57 Verts) are found and built the parts are worth a TON
    there's an under ground car ring/rings as well as child abduction and human trafficking.

12. to the top. i agree that those are awfully expensive cars to be just randomly stolen. about 5 years ago here in my area of kentucky and southern indiana they where getting so brazen that they where breaking into garages and actually moving things out of the way, like other cars ,engines..stuff like that. all classics. none where ever recovered and it just stopped. 8 or 10 total, probably in 6 or 8 months or so.

13. Swipe to order, no doubt. The volume of cars that are disappearing without a trace is alarming. Probably going offshore in a container, just my theory.

Bob

14. Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  15. That's great that it was found and in one piece. Hope that Hot Turkey is as lucky with his coupe that was recently stolen in Florida

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

17. Model T1

Model T1

At least one happy ending. It's a sad world when cars can no longer be driven and parked....or even kept in locked garages for fear of theft.
    Maybe if we all give up our guns we will be safer !!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was good to see that it was recovered and good to read http://www.rentonreporter.com/news/176839781.html that someone it was offered to in trade went to the trouble to investigate a "deal that was just too good" and contacted the right people.
    The bad thing is that the thief was probably back out on the street before the car got locked up safely in a garage. If there is such a thing as safely locked up in a garage anymore.

19. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I like a happy ending. :)

However, I'd like to see the thief beaten to death with a potato sack full of door knobs. ;)

20. guy that owned it is pretty nice guy only wanting to "have hand removed" from the thief, thats where i would have started!

21. Great news!
    It means everything to Duane to get his car back.
    He had a good portion of his life into this car.
    Waiting for the public be-handing now.

22. radgirl

radgirl

What he said ^^^^^ I hate thieves :mad:

23. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Wow that is great! Now in the states if someone is caught stealing a car how long will that guy be in jail?
    Jay

24. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i love seeing story's like this.

25. uncle buck

uncle buck

Its great they recovered the car. Unfortunately, it seems like our legal system operates like sport fishing , "catch and release" around this area.:mad: